• 12(current)
[END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API)
(2020-05-06, 17:37)rschiks Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 23:53)goofers Wrote: I hope you get a new site running soon bro take care..

I don’t think so. A couple of people have shown interest, but the majority of the users not (and the site had quite some users).
A message to me there”s hardly any interest to keep the site alive. Not many people miss it.
How much do you need to keep the website up and running for a year?
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2020-05-09, 00:25)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-05-06, 17:37)rschiks Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 23:53)goofers Wrote: I hope you get a new site running soon bro take care..

I don’t think so. A couple of people have shown interest, but the majority of the users not (and the site had quite some users).
A message to me there”s hardly any interest to keep the site alive. Not many people miss it. 
How much do you need to keep the website up and running for a year? 
When I check hostgator.com, I will need a VPS with more than 100 GB storage. It’s only interesting when doing it for 3 years and will cost around $2000.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
That's quite an amount...Can you be more transparent abouts costs? I've checked the prices for the different plans hostgator offers, but wonder why you need that amount. Don't be offended. I think a lot of people are willing to make a small donation (€5/€10) , but we also want to know if the money is well spent. Aren't there cheaper alternatives, and is it possible to shorten the period to 2 years instead of 3? The less money you need, the more likely you are to collect the amount you need.
Windows 11 Pro

(2020-05-09, 14:31)MB1968 Wrote: That's quite an amount...Can you be more transparent abouts costs? I've checked the prices for the different plans hostgator offers, but wonder why you need that amount. Don't be offended. I think a lot of people are willing to make a small donation (€5/€10) , but we also want to know if the money is well spent. Aren't there cheaper alternatives, and is it possible to shorten the period to 2 years instead of 3? The less money you need, the more likely you are to collect the amount you need.

No offence taken....

- go to hostgator.com
- select VPS
- select Snappy 8000 (the one with more than 100 GB) - press buy now
- check the box cpanel (under choose a hosting plan)

scroll down to the bottom and you will see the price (for 3 years)

if you select 2 years, the price per month will go up once the plan is over, etc...
You need at least 36x$40,- correct? Before taking any further actions, maybe it is wise to investigate how many people are willing to make a donation. I don't know if this forum allows/offers you to start a simple poll, do you? Add three choices, $5, $10, more and we'll see what happens.
Windows 11 Pro

(2020-05-09, 18:38)MB1968 Wrote: You need at least 36x$40,- correct? Before taking any further actions, maybe it is wise to investigate how many people are willing to make a donation. I don't know if this forum allows/offers you to start a simple poll, do you? Add three choices, $5, $10, more and we'll see what happens.
I already tried donations on the website. I don’t think that’s the way to go.
Ads could work, but for that I need the site first....catch-22  No
hey man i totally missed the boat to your site only found out about it via a plugin as a way to get animated posters automatically after you'd already had to shut down, But have you had a look into kimsufi i dont know how limiting the fact they only do 100meg max speed on the network side would be to you, But ive used them for a few projects in the past and not had any problems with them they do some pretty mega cheap dedicated servers, Intel Atom N2800 4GB ram and TV HDD 7.99 ex. VAT i know thats not exactly the most beefy of systems but the whole system would be yours to do as you please and not share with anyone else but compared to the prices for VPS on hostgator seems reasonable price.
I have a suggestion. If the original website fails to run, you can update the original website content to the announcement content, showing the donation channel and the reason for closing, and you can also display whether to add advertisements or whether to vote for a fee, etc. (this will not cost a lot of costs). Donate channels, remember to publicly display users, fees, and the progress of the site's collection. At least I will be happy to donate for the long-term development of the website. Or you can add a permanent API to use paid services (the range acceptable to ordinary users, such as 2-3$), and I think this will be more effective. Another feasible suggestion is to introduce advertisements (why not do that) without affecting the use and browsing effect of ordinary users. Of course, they can all be integrated. As a digression, I have registered an account in order to reply to you. I hope you can consider my suggestions.
(2020-08-21, 14:16)wojuzi1 Wrote: I have a suggestion. If the original website fails to run, you can update the original website content to the announcement content, showing the donation channel and the reason for closing, and you can also display whether to add advertisements or whether to vote for a fee, etc. (this will not cost a lot of costs). Donate channels, remember to publicly display users, fees, and the progress of the site's collection. At least I will be happy to donate for the long-term development of the website. Or you can add a permanent API to use paid services (the range acceptable to ordinary users, such as 2-3$), and I think this will be more effective. Another feasible suggestion is to introduce advertisements (why not do that) without affecting the use and browsing effect of ordinary users. Of course, they can all be integrated. As a digression, I have registered an account in order to reply to you. I hope you can consider my suggestions.
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, but it’s now for someone else to give it a try.
Two weeks ago I have ended everything with the hosting provider. The same for the apps I had in the App Store.
(2020-08-23, 13:31)rschiks Wrote:
(2020-08-21, 14:16)wojuzi1 Wrote: I have a suggestion. If the original website fails to run, you can update the original website content to the announcement content, showing the donation channel and the reason for closing, and you can also display whether to add advertisements or whether to vote for a fee, etc. (this will not cost a lot of costs). Donate channels, remember to publicly display users, fees, and the progress of the site's collection. At least I will be happy to donate for the long-term development of the website. Or you can add a permanent API to use paid services (the range acceptable to ordinary users, such as 2-3$), and I think this will be more effective. Another feasible suggestion is to introduce advertisements (why not do that) without affecting the use and browsing effect of ordinary users. Of course, they can all be integrated. As a digression, I have registered an account in order to reply to you. I hope you can consider my suggestions.
Two weeks ago I have ended everything with the hosting provider. The same for the apps I had in the App Store.

Hi @rschiks 
So there no second chance for the site ?
Is there A DB of the site you can share?
(2020-09-07, 23:33)alazabe Wrote:
(2020-08-23, 13:31)rschiks Wrote:

Hi @rschiks 
So there no second chance for the site ?
Is there A DB of the site you can share?
Hi,

Not at this moment.

I don’t have a DB to share. Most of the content can be found in this forum.
Here's a crazy idea that might take a little development, but could be a solution for storage, bandwidth, and general "uptime".

Could it be possible to come up with a "virtually local scraper" in IPFS?

It would take a little technical know-how, but if everyone were to install an actual IPFS client/server on their systems, then "mount" the IPNS directory maintained by someone, such as KyraDB was, it would be possible for our Kodi installs to IPFS "pin" the posters we need - making them available on our local systems, which would in turn share the posters we use with everyone else.  To do it properly would require a single server running the IPNS directory - which could itself be mirrored in full by anyone charitable enough to mirror the whole thing by pinning - and all updates would be done by republishing the IPNS list when updated by whoever maintains the IPNS directory.  Every person who uses a poster would in turn share THAT poster.  The more people use it, the less bandwidth any individual - including the official maintainer - uses.

If the original maintainer goes AWOL any individual with a full (or even partial for that matter) backup of the last IPNS announcement could publish what they have and fork it immediately.  It would just be a matter of getting the word out to look at a different IPNS address.
@rschiks 

Hostgator is a Brazilian company, headquartered in the city where I live. 

I host the Brazilian forum with them (VPS plan), my tip is to use the link below to see other plans, you may be able to make it viable since the most affordable plan is around +-  $ 430.00 for 3 years of hosting.

https://www.hostgator.com.br/servidor-vps

R$ 5.19 reais = $ 1 american dollar.

The basic plan cust R$ 2.222,82 = $ 428.28 for 3 year with 3 core CPU, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HD SSD

The value is for payment in one single time.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2021-01-03, 01:48)pecosdave Wrote: Here's a crazy idea that might take a little development, but could be a solution for storage, bandwidth, and general "uptime".

Could it be possible to come up with a "virtually local scraper" in IPFS?

It would take a little technical know-how, but if everyone were to install an actual IPFS client/server on their systems, then "mount" the IPNS directory maintained by someone, such as KyraDB was, it would be possible for our Kodi installs to IPFS "pin" the posters we need - making them available on our local systems, which would in turn share the posters we use with everyone else.  To do it properly would require a single server running the IPNS directory - which could itself be mirrored in full by anyone charitable enough to mirror the whole thing by pinning - and all updates would be done by republishing the IPNS list when updated by whoever maintains the IPNS directory.  Every person who uses a poster would in turn share THAT poster.  The more people use it, the less bandwidth any individual - including the official maintainer - uses.

If the original maintainer goes AWOL any individual with a full (or even partial for that matter) backup of the last IPNS announcement could publish what they have and fork it immediately.  It would just be a matter of getting the word out to look at a different IPNS address.
Interesting idea, but sounds complex just to avoid a few dollars a month 😅
(2021-01-03, 02:25)Wanilton Wrote: @rschiks 

Hostgator is a Brazilian company, headquartered in the city where I live. 

I host the Brazilian forum with them (VPS plan), my tip is to use the link below to see other plans, you may be able to make it viable since the most affordable plan is around +-  $ 430.00 for 3 years of hosting.

https://www.hostgator.com.br/servidor-vps

R$ 5.19 reais = $ 1 american dollar.

The basic plan cust R$ 2.222,82 = $ 428.28 for 3 year with 3 core CPU, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HD SSD

The value is for payment in one single time.

I think you need a little bit more space. It was already a lot of space when I hosted it.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API)3