How to Separate TV Shows Category - Eg: USDrama, Kdrama, Anime....
Hi,

Setting up separate menu for different class of TV Shows is driving me nuts. I am using a NAS for all my sources and Kodi 18 Leia.
Creating another home menu is easy with this skin. But what do I set for Action?

I tried Hub->ActivateWindows1102-> TV Shows but it goes to the main TV Shows menu, even if I set the Files to another folder eg, Anime folder.
I tried Hub ->ActivateWindows1103 -> A screen showing some movie title.
I tried Video Library->Files and it just open a browsing screen.

I want to be able use the TV Shows Scraper for my other category of TV Shows. I tried googling for answers but I dont understand what the solutions are saying. It sounds so easy but I don't get it.
My NAS folder hierarchy.

//IP/Movies
//IP/KDrama
//IP/Anime
//IP/USDrama

Please help....
Create a Playlist for each different category you want.

Then try Action > Video Library > Playlists > Choose Playlist
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-27, 23:24)Karellen Wrote: Create a Playlist for each different category you want.

Then try Action > Video Library > Playlists > Choose Playlist

Is there no other way besides Playlist? Using a Playlist means I have to reconfigure the list every time I set up a new TVShows.
(2019-04-28, 09:34)moomookun Wrote: Using a Playlist means I have to reconfigure the list every time I set up a new TVShows.
Why? You have not explained how you have set up your TV Shows, but if you have a Source for "different class of TV Shows", then your playlist just needs to Include the Source. Every time you add or remove from the Source, the playlist will auto update.

Maybe explain your setup.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-28, 10:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 09:34)moomookun Wrote: Using a Playlist means I have to reconfigure the list every time I set up a new TVShows.
Why? You have not explained how you have set up your TV Shows, but if you have a Source for "different class of TV Shows", then your playlist just needs to Include the Source. Every time you add or remove from the Source, the playlist will auto update.

Maybe explain your setup. 
Sorry, I am new to Kodi. Ok, I will try to explain my setup so that everyone understands better. I believe my understanding of Playlist isn't sufficient, which explain why I think it won't work.

Hardware & Software
  • NAS Storage -> Access Through Network File System Under Kodi
  • NUC to LG TV
  • Librelec Kodi OS
NAS Folder Setup
  • \\IP of NAS\Movies
  • \\IP of NAS\USDrama
  • \\IP of NAS\KDrama
  • \\IP of NAS\Anime
Kodi Home Menu Setup
  • Movies
  • USDrama
  • KDrama
  • Anime
  • Others...
So when I setup the main menu for USDrama, the skin select ActivateWindows1102 (TV Shows). I then proceed to setup the Files (I believe that is how the Source get selected). I choose the USDrama folder in my NAS.
It works fine, the scraper selected the right metadata for all the shows.

Next, when I setup the second mani menu for KDrama, I also select Action as ActivateWindows1102. I pointed the Files to KDrama location folder. 
When I access that KDrama Menu, it directly points to my USDrama listing. 

I tried looking at Playlist, but I can't find any options to change the Source File. I am stuck there, perhaps you can give me some pointer?

Thank you
(2019-04-28, 10:39)moomookun Wrote: I believe my understanding of Playlist isn't sufficient, which explain why I think it won't work.
Karellen's talking about smart playlists - eg you set a path and on accessing the playlist kodi shows you all the movies in that path.
You're thinking of basic playlists - you make a list, and kodi will play what's on it.
Playlists (wiki)
I have to admit I am not too familiar with this skin, but the processes should be the same. I say that because I am not sure what the ActivateWindowsxxx items do. In case it helps... Custom home items (wiki)

Smart Playlists are very powerful and easy to use. It is not a list where you add items one at a time. It uses rules to sort and filter your media into very specific results.

I mocked this up to give you an idea. Then you add the Smart Playlist as the menu item...
My Signature
Yes, that was a bit lazy of me. Should have said Smart Playlist.
My Signature
Yes! Finally I get it. It parse out all other movies except a source path that contains "Anime" or any parameter. Brilliant!
Thank you so much Karellen. Long live KODI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Separate TV Shows Category - Eg: USDrama, Kdrama, Anime....0