mGBA - where is it?
I’ve been trying to install mGBA via the repo, and for some reason it’s not showing up. I’ve tried downloading the addon as a zip from other sources, and the installation fails. I know mGBA is listed as part of retroplayer, and even has its own official Kodi description, and so here I am wondering what’s going on - anyone able to help?
Are you trying to install from the add-on manager? It should show up in the "emulators" category, but mGBA isn't standalone-executable so it won't show up in the game add-ons section in the home window or add-on windows.
For some reason, mGBA is only available for win32 and osx but not win64:

Code:
game.libretro.mgba+osx-x86_64/    -    2019-Jan-30 20:45    
game.libretro.mgba+windows-i686/    -    2019-Jan-30 21:30

Note that the missing file is game.libretro.mgba+windows-x86_64, the windows 64 bit version. Maybe it fails to buildHuh
(2019-04-30, 12:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote: For some reason, mGBA is only available for win32 and osx but not win64:

Code:
game.libretro.mgba+osx-x86_64/    -    2019-Jan-30 20:45    
game.libretro.mgba+windows-i686/    -    2019-Jan-30 21:30

Note that the missing file is game.libretro.mgba+windows-x86_64, the windows 64 bit version. Maybe it fails to buildHuh

This is the issue then, as I use win7 64 bit. Ah well, VBA-M is working well enough, but I’ve been playing Mother 3, and the rhythm aspect of the battles doesn’t emulate well. I wanted to give mGBA a chance, knowing that byuu’s stuff is so accuracy oriented, it would probably have the best shot at doing this function properly. Good to have closure on my question, anyhow.

Thanks for weighing in too, garbear. I was indeed trying to install from the emulators section of the repo, where it wasn’t listed. And a big thank you to you for everything you’ve done for Retroplayer - I’ve been anticipating this for a long time, and it’s so great to see it in the state it’s in today!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mGBA - where is it?0