In Progress TV Shows
On the main screen, under TV, the posters for my in progress TV shows are shown.  If you select the poster, it takes you to the information about the show.  Sometimes, if I select browse from this screen, it takes me, as expected, to the list of seasons where I can pick an episode to watch.  However, most of the time, when I select browse, it just bounces me back to the home screen.

Don't confuse this with selecting the in progress icon, because if I go to that sub-menu first, and then pick my show, it always takes me straight to the list of seasons.

I can't figure out why some shows work, and others don't.  How do I debug this?  (Had the problem on Kodi 17, and still happening on Kodi 18.2.  Running on Windows 7.)
Enable debug logging and upload it to http://paste.kodi.tv/
Here is the logfile when it fails to work:

judefihewu.kodi (paste)

Assuming I did this correctly, I can do another log for the case that works as expected.
I've been digging in to this, trying to figure out what's different about the shows that work vs. the shows that don't.  Everything looks the same at the UI level.

I poked around in the MyVideosXXX.db file.  In the Path table, the shows that don't work have null values for the following fields:

strContent
strScraper
scanRecursive
useFolderNames
strSettings
noUpdate
exclude

Are these fields required?  Perhaps the skin is expecting them to be there, when they don't have to be?

I have always scraped using Media Center Master, but I see no differences when I inspect the metadata files.  Perhaps the format changed for a newer version of Kodi, and MCM is still using an old format?
Had a quick look at your log. You have Music Update and Video Update running for the library. It makes it very, very difficult to find a couple of keystroke lines in all that updating.

Disable your automatic updates and try again. This time also give us more detail of what we are looking for. What show are you trying to access? Take note of the time when you press your keyboard/remote buttons and see if you can find that time in the log.

As for missing fields, all those are normal.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-09, 02:21)Karellen Wrote: Had a quick look at your log. You have Music Update and Video Update running for the library. It makes it very, very difficult to find a couple of keystroke lines in all that updating.

Disable your automatic updates and try again. This time also give us more detail of what we are looking for. What show are you trying to access? Take note of the time when you press your keyboard/remote buttons and see if you can find that time in the log.

As for missing fields, all those are normal.
The TV show I tested with is Blake's 7.  I think the left click on the icon is on line 7012.  Then there is the open notice on line 7035 and the error on line 7039.  Is it trying to play the folder, rather than browsing the directory?

I'll do another log with automatic updates turned off as soon as I can.
Here is the log with Auto Updates turned off:

ehalejogom.kodi (paste)

I selected the show from the displayed in progress banners.  This brings up the info screen for the show.  I then select browse.

I did this twice.  Once for Blake's 7, which fails, and once for Star Trek, which succeeds.

I believe that the selection of browse for Blake's 7 happens on line 1822 of the log.  The corresponding point for Star Trek is at 1907.

The difference is that for Blake's 7, it goes into OnAdd from xbmc.  For Star Trek, it goes into Activating window ID: 10025.
Some additional information...

Under Media Settings, the Default Selection Action for Videos is set to "Show information".  This is why selecting the show from the group of in-progress posters takes me to a screen that has the show information, where I must press "Browse" to bring up the list of seasons.  It is the behavior of the "Browse" button that is inconsistent.  Some shows work, others bounce me back to the home page.

Choosing the Category "In Progress", and selecting a show, takes me straight to the list of seasons.  Since the show information page is never displayed, this path does not reveal the error.  In fact, I can't find any other path through the UI that displays the "Show information" screen.  But that "Browse" button is where the problem is.  Only the last 5 TV shows that I have added have this problem.  All the shows added before that work just fine.

I can work around this by setting the Default Selection Action to "Choose".  But it would still be nice to understand why this works fine for some shows but not others.
Unfortunately, changing the default selection action for Videos changes the behavior for both Movies and TV.  While I could deal with not having show information for TV, I really miss it for Movies.

If the problem is what happens when you select the "Browse" button, does that make it a skin issue, or not?  Am I posting in the wrong forum?

The other thing I have noticed is that the shows that work have an entry for episodeguide, while those that don't do not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In Progress TV Shows0