LibreElec on z8300 devices
Hi,

I just bought a Minix Z83-4 to use with LibreElec, and of course I didn't do my research first!

So, I can install Kodi 17 using a custom build for Kodi 17, but then I update and it all goes breasts aloft.

Is there a fix for this? Will there ever be a fix, or should I try to reinstall Windows?

Best wishes,

Mark
Following up on this, it seems that a patch was committed at one point

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/2061

But the added code seems to have been removed. Is this correct?
(2019-05-01, 23:20)mcelliott Wrote: So, I can install Kodi 17 using a custom build for Kodi 17, but then I update and it all goes breasts aloft.

"breasts aloft" is a very vague and non technical description.
If you want help please drop all the nonsense and be more specific.
What exactly happens after you update?
The system does not boot?
Kodi does not start?
Video decoding is broken?
There is no sound?
The box starts flying all over your place shooting laser beams at your cat?

If the issue is that after update the box does not boot - your best bet is to head over to LibreELEC forums, as this would be an OS issue,
Kodi is just an application which runs on top of the OS (LibreELEC in your case).
Yes, it clearly is a LibreElec issue, but since we have LibreElec test builds in this forum, I thought it might be appropriate to ask for help here.

Yes, it simply doesn't boot after updating to LibreElec 9.0.1.

Milhouse merged the pull request I quoted, so perhaps he has some insight into why/when this was broken.

Although to be fair, the information on the LibreElec forum indicates that once you have it booting with the modified version, nothing should change in the bootloader when you update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec on z8300 devices0