v18 Cast Thumbnails Missing From Movie Library
(2019-05-03, 05:28)Karellen Wrote: Just a quick look at plexkodiconnect... https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexkodiconnect...ght/137555

The warning reads in part...
Quote:This plugin assumes that you manage all your videos with Plex (and none with Kodi). You might lose data already stored in the Kodi video and music databases as this plugin directly changes them. Don’t worry if you want Plex to manage all your media (like you should ;-)).

That is why you are having problems as you are not using the Kodi library. The issue is with Plex, not with Kodi. 
Yeah for me it isn't a matter of saying it is a Kodi issue.  I am just trying to figure out why the data isn't getting scraped on the Kodi side.  It all appears on the Plex side.  I'm going to contact the PKC author and open a bug on Github if I can't get it working.  I appreciate you taking the time to try and help.
For anyone surfing by, let's wrap this up: here's the solution (Reddit and PKC Github Issue Tracker):
Quote: 
When I noticed there was some cast posters appearing but not all, I went to my Plex server and compared. The missing cast members were the same. I never really noticed it before because they aren’t as prominently displayed in Plex as they are in Kodi. Apparently if you don’t choose TheMovieDB as your cast source you won’t get the photos. I made the change and refreshed the metadata on the Plex side and they updated.

Cast photos didn’t update on the Kodi side but the movie posters did. I’m doing a full metadata refresh right now in Plex.
To update Kodi at the end, go to the PKC settings, Advanced, and hit "Reset the Kodi database ...", then Yes, then No. Let Kodi restart and PKC rescan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cast Thumbnails Missing From Movie Library0