v18 Cast Thumbnails Missing From Movie Library
Hi All,

I'm a relatively new user to Kodi, so forgive me if my question is too rudimentary.  I did try searching the forums and Google for the answer and wasn't able to find anything concrete.

I am running Leia 18.2 on an NVidia Shield and using PlexKodiConnect.  I have two Libraries, Movie and TV Shows.  In the TV Shows library if I bring up Information on a show, under Cast, the thumbnails are mostly populated, but in some cases you simply see the silhouette placeholder.  If you go to one of those placeholders for the actor and get extended information it does show the actor's photo.

For my Movies library almost none of the thumbnails appear even for well known actors.  I've tried using the Refresh option on the Movie details page but nothing changes.  I thought about maybe changing the scraper, but can't seem to figure out where to do this and whether it will help in this case.

Any ideas on what I can check or do to force Kodi to grab all of the actor thumbnails?

Thanks in advance!
Is setting 3.8 enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-02, 21:13)Karellen Wrote: Is setting 3.8 enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos

Hi Karellen:

Yes that setting is enabled.  I believe that is on by default.  I even completely removed Kodi, reinstalled.  Added PlexKodiConnect only and added my Movies and TV Shows and the issue persists.  It seems like the TV Shows actor thumbnails download more, but still are missing on most shows.  Not sure what else I can do.
Are you using NFO Files?

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the tv show. Remove it from the library first.

Provide the link to the tv show at the scraper site, and advise name of actors that have image missing.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-03, 00:53)Karellen Wrote: Are you using NFO Files?

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the tv show. Remove it from the library first.

Provide the link to the tv show at the scraper site, and advise name of actors that have image missing.

Hi,

I am not using NFO files.  I captured a log file as I added the video libraries to PlexKodiConnect.  I hope this log isn't too large to parse.  I captured the entire session from adding PlexKodiConnect to adding the Movies and TV Shows from my Plex server.  Please let me know if you need me to do it differently.

Thanks for your help!
(2019-05-03, 02:51)poondoggle Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 00:53)Karellen Wrote: Are you using NFO Files?

Hi,

I am not using NFO files.  I captured a log file as I added the video libraries to PlexKodiConnect.  I hope this log isn't too large to parse.  I captured the entire session from adding PlexKodiConnect to adding the Movies and TV Shows from my Plex server.  Please let me know if you need me to do it differently.

Thanks for your help! 
It would help if I had pasted the log file.  Sorry.  Smile https://paste.kodi.tv/ejinuduhom.kodi
@poondoggle

Thanks, but you did not enable Debug Mode as instructed in the guide. Nor could I see where you scanned a TV Show. Nor did you answer these questions...

All I can see is this so it looks like a Plex issue...
xml:
2019-05-02 17:19:19.183 T:26751 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
2019-05-02 17:19:19.185 T:27310 NOTICE: PLEX.plex_api: Plex did not provide ID for IMDB or TVDB. Start lookup process
2019-05-02 17:19:19.205 T:26751 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
My Signature
(2019-05-03, 03:24)Karellen Wrote: @poondoggle

Thanks, but you did not enable Debug Mode as instructed in the guide. Nor could I see where you scanned a TV Show. Nor did you answer these questions...

xml:
2019-05-02 17:19:19.185 T:27310 NOTICE: PLEX.plex_api: Plex did not provide ID for IMDB or TVDB. Start lookup process
2019-05-02 17:19:19.205 T:26751 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
I apologize.  I will try again.
(2019-05-03, 03:24)Karellen Wrote: @poondoggle

xml:
I went back and looked at the guide and enabled Debug logging as per the Wiki.  If I missed something, I am lost.  I went to Settings > System > Logging > and turned on Enable debug logging.  After I did that I restarted Kodi and then added PlexKodiConnect and then added the libraries.

I can redo that and provide a show with missing actors, but I have a feeling the log is going to look the same.
(2019-05-03, 03:51)poondoggle Wrote: After I did that I restarted Kodi and then added PlexKodiConnect and then added the libraries.
I don't use Plex, so I don't know what you mean by the above. You added PlexKodiConnect and then added the libraries?? Aren't they already installed?

I don't want a log that shows you installing add-ons and adding Sources. Concentrate on (one of) the TV Show that is the problem.

(2019-05-03, 03:51)poondoggle Wrote: but I have a feeling the log is going to look the same.
Up to you. If you provide the log, I will look. If not, I will move on. Wink
My Signature
(2019-05-03, 04:13)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 03:51)poondoggle Wrote: After I did that I restarted Kodi and then added PlexKodiConnect and then added the libraries.
I don't use Plex, so I don't know what you mean by the above. You added PlexKodiConnect and then added the libraries?? Aren't they already installed?

I don't want a log that shows you installing add-ons and adding Sources. Concentrate on (one of) the TV Show that is the problem.
(2019-05-03, 03:51)poondoggle Wrote: but I have a feeling the log is going to look the same.
Up to you. If you provide the log, I will look. If not, I will move on. Wink 

i'm happy to provide it.  How should I replicate the issue. Enable Debug logging, select the show in question and hit Refresh?  I want to make sure that it tries to scrape the data again.

Thanks
(2019-05-03, 00:53)Karellen Wrote: Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the tv show. Remove it from the library first.
My Signature
(2019-05-03, 04:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 00:53)Karellen Wrote: Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the tv show. Remove it from the library first.
I can't figure it out and would rather not waste your time.  Please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks
What is it that you cannot figure out?

As I stated earlier, I am not familiar with Plex and how it integrates with Kodi. Is it not just as simple as deleting a TV Show from the Kodi library, then running the Update Library to scrape it back into the library?

But I think your problem is with Plex, not with Kodi judging from that error message I was able to spot.

Maybe some of the links in My Signature below may help?
My Signature
Just a quick look at plexkodiconnect... https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexkodiconnect...ght/137555

The warning reads in part...
Quote:This plugin assumes that you manage all your videos with Plex (and none with Kodi). You might lose data already stored in the Kodi video and music databases as this plugin directly changes them. Don’t worry if you want Plex to manage all your media (like you should ;-)).

That is why you are having problems as you are not using the Kodi library. The issue is with Plex, not with Kodi.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cast Thumbnails Missing From Movie Library0