Kodi 18 / Ubuntu 18.04 - Audio?
Hi there 

I have a very long running 14.04 system which has been perfect for years (since 2008).
I now have 4k tv so i have to get new hardware for my HTPC. I put 18.04 LTS on there as 14.04 has run out of support.
Do i need to do all the audio stuff i did in 14.04 to get Ac3 / DD / DTS running in 18.04 (remove pulseaudio and use alsa?).
I should specify i was going to use optical out but maybe it is best to use HDMI audio out and run the optical back from the TV to the amp as every other device is doing now top my AVR (need to update this as well)

Is pulse good enough now in 18.04?
ANy tips for 18.04 in general?

THanks Smile
(2019-05-03, 01:53)thekow Wrote: ANy tips for 18.04 in general?

Since you offered no hardware details whatsoever, simply start with our PPA, install Kodi, and take it from there.
I also used xbmc since 14.04. I've not upgraded to 18.04 yet I am on 16.04. Having said that I would say that the audio sink the Kodi guys have created is pretty awesome. Guess it depends what you are happy with sound wise.......

Personally I would have a read of the wiki on the subject of sound. The table available in it certainly helped me decide what was best for my avr.

https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio

Good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 / Ubuntu 18.04 - Audio?0