TV Shows UI not sorting/renaming "The" correctly. Movies Seems to Work.
Using latest build date, under general options | Title Sorting has "The" in the list.

I have for TV shows under renamer options the following:

folder and filename using {ShowTitleSortable}

No matter how I add shows or do the rename/cleanup option it doesn't show in the TV Show listing in the UI as:

Transformers, The only "The Transformers"

The folder and files get correctly renamed tho.

U:\TV Shows\Transformers, The (1985)\Season 01\Transformers, The - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

Works fine for movies no problems and the UI shows "Cable Guy, The"

Anyone have any ideas to fix this?
For Movies here is my Directory/File Structure, as you can see the folder is "Cable Guy, The (1996)" and so are the the .NFO and movie file.

If yo open the NFO file you see this at the top. "The Cable Guy" NOT with "The" after it.

in TMM you see the movie is correctly sorted with The after but on the right panel The in front (reading from NFO file).

Same Idea for TV Shows as you can see.

but in TMM UI it shows The before instead of after! Does this for all shows like this. I would like it sorted with The last.

Is this a bug or a feature to be updated? Am I missing something? Can the NFO file be mass edited?

I tried to manually rename the title in the NFO and save it, then what happened it showed "Adventures of Galaxy Rangers The" with no "," but a comma is in the NFO.

I Hope someone can shed some light on this as its driving me nuts. Thanks!
Well, yes, this feature needs some rework.
IIRC, it has never made it into TvShows...
And it seems, it was a GUI only feature - you cannot cheoose whether to use this style inside NFO (only in file renamer)

So, no, it currently does not do what you need... but it will in near future...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-05-04, 14:57)myron Wrote: Well, yes, this feature needs some rework.
IIRC, it has never made it into TvShows...
And it seems, it was a GUI only feature - you cannot cheoose whether to use this style inside NFO (only in file renamer)

So, no, it currently does not do what you need... but it will in near future...
Thanks for the reply, sounds good that it will be fixed later or match like Movies in UI.
Missing GUI fuznctinality has been added for TvShows as well.

But for writing to NFO, we are still in discussion internally:
Changing a scraped title for visual representation in one application is fine,
but for exchanging with another software we are basically modifying "the truth".
This might lead to yet unknown problems there (not beeing able to scrape inside Kodi),
and even reimporting in TMM (with modified title) is not an easy task to keep all the consequences in mind.

So, the best solution would be, if Kodi would change it's displaying preference for the user, and not only use this for sorting the title lists....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows UI not sorting/renaming "The" correctly. Movies Seems to Work.0