Req Kaleidescape Movie List View
I know there've been past threads (unanswered/unresolved) about a Kaleidescape-like skin. What I'd really like to see is the Kaleidescape Movie List View https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlzmnlfZOAE in a Kodi skin. What's great about this is that in one view, one can see a list of titles, duration, actor(s), director, genre(s), etc. and sort on any of these critieria.

Does anyone know of a skin that has a view like this? What I'd most like to see is a list of movies and the ability to sort on title, duration, and genre from the same screen. I'd like the same view and abilities from a TV shows/episode view.

Any ideas?
I wrote an animation sequence for an XBMC based Kaleidescape clone a decade ago. They've improved their interface since then it seems.

However, I just spent an hour or so looking into if it's possible, and I don't think so, at least not anymore.

Kodi doesn't hold a listitem's genre in a way that we can scroll through them (they are stored in Genre as Comedy/War/Thriller with a '/' in between). I tried using a list of all genres and only showing items that matched the genre, but we can no longer access a listitem's genre from another list so I can't compare the possible content against a ListItem that is empty. As in:

Code:
        <!-- Genre button -->
        <control type="list" id="995">
                <posx>615</posx>
                <posy>4</posy>
                <width>190</width>
                <height>35</height>
                <orientation>vertical</orientation>
                <onleft>55</onleft>
                <onright>996</onright>
                <ondown>noop</ondown>
                <onup>noop</onup>
                <visible>Window.IsActive(videos)</visible>
                <itemlayout height="35" width="190">
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>190</width>
                        <height>35</height>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>METF_TitleText</font>
                        <textcolor>TextNF</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>TextFO</selectedcolor>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <visible>String.Contains(Container.ListItem.Genre,ListItem.Label)</visible>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout height="35" width="190">
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>190</width>
                        <height>35</height>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>METF_TitleText</font>
                        <textcolor>TextNF</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>TextFO</selectedcolor>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <visible>String.Contains(Container.ListItem.Genre,ListItem.Label)</visible>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
                <content>
                    <item id="0">
                        <label>Comedy</label>
                        <onclick>SetFocus(55)</onclick>
                        <onclick>JumpSMS9</onclick>
                    </item>
                    <item id="1">
                        <label>Science Fiction</label>
                    </item>
                    <item id="2">
                        <label>Horror</label>
                    </item>
                    <item id="3">
                        <label>Thriller</label>
                    </item>

<item id="4">
                        <label>War</label>
                    </item>

</content>
            </control>    

ignore the onclick action, it is just a placeholder.

Container.ListItem.Genre is empty since kodi 18 Alpha 2 in any list other than the main one. I tried Container(55).ListItem.Genre and even an exact offset.

So short of a dev making special container id for things like Genre lists per focused items like they did for DialogVideoInfo.xml and cast members, I can't see how it can be done.

If I'm not seeing a smarter way I hope someone chimes in and shows me, I like the idea.
Using two 2820FYKH0 Intel NUCs, a Revo 1600, and a Foxconn NT-330i - All running LibreELEC. :)
(2019-05-04, 01:11)MacGyver Wrote: I wrote an animation sequence for an XBMC based Kaleidescape clone a decade ago. They've improved their interface since then it seems.

However, I just spent an hour or so looking into if it's possible, and I don't think so, at least not anymore.
Container.ListItem.Genre is empty since kodi 18 Alpha 2 in any list other than the main one. I tried Container(55).ListItem.Genre and even an exact offset.

So short of a dev making special container id for things like Genre lists per focused items like they did for DialogVideoInfo.xml and cast members, I can't see how it can be done.

If I'm not seeing a smarter way I hope someone chimes in and shows me, I like the idea. 
That was amazing and beautiful - it looks like you've used AppTV (or its predecesor) as your skin - excellent choice. I hope the community can come up with a solution for you as, selfishly, I'd love to use it! I'm guessing the problem is the same for the Movie List View of Kaleidescape - that view would be my preference as I have several thousand movie titles and close to 400 TV shows to navigate through - quite a slog with the poster/icon view. I also really would like a duration sort as sometimes what I want to see is predicated on how much free time I have to watch.

I had thought of maybe a drill-down screen of Movies/Documentaries & TV Shows/Mini-Series which after choosing one or the other, you would see a Genre & Duration selector. Choosing one of these would then take you to a screen of either genres (of all durations) or durations (7-11 mins., 20-30 mins, 45-60 mins. 90+ mins.). If you chose genres then within that genre you'd see a duration selector; if you chose duration then within whichever duration catagory you chose, you'd see a genre to select. If I can't have the Kaleidescape Movie List View, I'd be happy with these drill-down screens.

Any ideas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaleidescape Movie List View00