sound setup
I thought I would take a look at kodi audio and the more I read the more confused I got.  Here is my setup.
I have a computer which connects to a denon avr-s530bt receiver which, in turn connects to my tv (samsung 65").  The denon simply passes the video to the tv.  The Denon also controls my speakers (5.1).  When I display a movie in kodi to play it will also tell me the sound configuration of the movie (dts, ac3, dolby, etc.).   I am assuming that kodi also understands the signal its sending.  I am, however, no longer sure (after my reading).  Kodi is told to get the audio from the hdmi (pulseaudio) connection which comes from the computer (which is running kodi) to the receiver which drives the speakers.  I have turned off the tv speakers.  I think my confusion comes from the settings on kodi.  I have told kodi that I have 5.1 speakers.  I have assumed I have done it right.  I have used this setup, literally, for years.

My question is whether I have set this up correctly.  If there are any thoughts on this one it would be appreciated.

Thank you...................
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Hello.

I'd need to know more about what you are trying to achieve?

Do you want to avr to do the audio decoding?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sound setup0