Animated (apng) tv show logos
Photo 
I just got a little motivated to learn something new today so I tried teaching myself a little photoshop.
I know they are not very good but, I'm just learning Confused

I use MQ7 multiMOD skin (Thanks Latts for the great skin!)
and just had to change the code in the view xml where the logos are
from... background="true"
to....... background="false"   
and I made a new folder(apngs), in the skins media folder and put them there.
Then just choose art, browse and replace clearlogo.
Rename file to .apng

They work well...and I like the look...now I just have to get better at making them Big Grin

What do you guys think?

**You need a browser that supports animated pngs to see these move
you need to know first photoshop basics.
(2019-05-05, 06:12)bennyhanna Wrote: I just got a little motivated to learn something new today so I tried teaching myself a little photoshop.
I know they are not very good but, I'm just learning Confused

2 Broke Girls logoAncient Aliens logoTwo and a Half Men logo

I use MQ7 multiMOD skin (Thanks Latts for the great skin!)
and just had to change the code in the view xml where the logos are
from... background="true"
to....... background="false"   
and I made a new folder(apngs), in the skins media folder and put them there.
Then just choose art, browse and replace clearlogo.

They work well...and I like the look...now I just have to get better at making them Big Grin
Here is one for Elementary

**You need a browser that supports animated pngs to see these move
A better one for Two and a Half Men...

The size I'm using is the same convention as fanart.tv for HD logo.
This is turning out to be pretty fun to do...
Here is a characterart test I made with some green screen footage I found Smile

This also works with the code from @chrissix actress resource pack
just changed the background="true" to "false" and the folder path.
(2019-05-05, 18:26)bennyhanna Wrote: This also works with the code from @chrissix actress resource pack
Hi!
No, it's not from the Actress Resource Pack, it's from the Characterart Artwork Pack
It's "Vincent Vega" from "Pulp Fiction (1994)"

If you use ArtworkBeef to import/read in the artwork types into Kodi you do not need to make any customization in the skin.xml's, nothing else needed, ArtworkBeef ignores the file extension.
Of course, no identically named artwork type may exist with another file extension.
characterart.gif -> no characterart.png should be there, the gif should be alone, same for clearlogo.gif or poster.gif and all other Artwork Types

Also testet out with these nice animated artwork: https://imgur.com/a/7GpDQ
(2019-05-05, 19:17)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 18:26)bennyhanna Wrote: This also works with the code from @chrissix actress resource pack
Hi!
No, it's not from the Actress Resource Pack, it's from the Characterart Artwork Pack
It's "Vincent Vega" from "Pulp Fiction (1994)"

If you use ArtworkBeef to import/read in the artwork types into Kodi you do not need to make any customization in the skin.xml's, nothing else needed, ArtworkBeef ignores the file extension.
Of course, no identically named artwork type may exist with another file extension.
characterart.gif -> no characterart.png should be there, the gif should be alone, same for clearlogo.gif or poster.gif and all other Artwork Types

Also testet out with these nice animated artwork: https://imgur.com/a/7GpDQ     
Thanks for the reply...I know it's not from the Actress Resource Pack and "yes" I also know who it is and from what movie Smile
I was just saying I used the code you posted to implement in the skin, with some small changes.

I haven't explored adding additional artwork types with Artwork Beef yet but I will check it out.

I have also seen most of the animated .gifs out there and use many of them...I simply posted this because it's about .apngs (animated png artwork)
which has a lot higher resolution and amount of colors with alpha channel.

I have seen a lot of posts about animated gifs but none for years about .apngs (and none that contained artwork).

Thanks for the Actress Resource Pack addon and Characterart Artwork Pack it is what inspired me to try making these.

...and thanks to @mgonzales for the tip about changing background="true" to "false" to get the apngs to animate in one of his posts a couple years ago post 320886

Keep up the great work!
i think with everything animated you would need a powerful cpu

Free Video to JPG Converter to get the images
Thanks to you guys for the nice replies and suggestions Tongue

@the_other_guy
I use them on a firetv 1st gen with no problems

I'm making these so I can use them and just thought I would share...

...anyway here's one for Doom Patrol

Great. Keep them coming Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
teaching myself a little photoshop.

a good tool to use is magiic wond tool
Photoshop Select and Mask Tutorial - Photoshop Magic Wand Quick Select Tools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqx0iZUl5So&t=445s
Here is one for Police Squad!...

There is only 6 eps. in this old show but it is very funny Rofl

Rick and Morty

Futurama

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated (apng) tv show logos2