Option to change software deinterlacer
When software decoding via ffmpeg yadif is selected deinterlacer within Kodi and there seems to be no way to change it.

From documentation for Advanced Settings: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml there is an option "ppffmpegdeinterlacing" supposed to be able to set a different one yet it doesn't do anything.
(2019-05-05, 20:13)aliencreature Wrote: there is an option "ppffmpegdeinterlacing" supposed to be able to set a different one yet it doesn't do anything.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to determine if it's doing anything, and it what conditions is it applied (only when hardware acceleration is disabled?)

I found the following elsewhere of some of these pp ffmpeg settings:

Code:
10.135 pp
Enable the specified chain of postprocessing subfilters using libpostproc. This library should be automatically selected with a GPL build (--enable-gpl). Subfilters must be separated by ’/’ and can be disabled by prepending a ’-’. Each subfilter and some options have a short and a long name that can be used interchangeably, i.e. dr/dering are the same.
lb/linblenddeint
Linear blend deinterlacing filter that deinterlaces the given block by filtering all lines with a (1 2 1) filter.
li/linipoldeint
Linear interpolating deinterlacing filter that deinterlaces the given block by linearly interpolating every second line.
ci/cubicipoldeint
Cubic interpolating deinterlacing filter deinterlaces the given block by cubically interpolating every second line.
md/mediandeint
Median deinterlacing filter that deinterlaces the given block by applying a median filter to every second line.
fd/ffmpegdeint
FFmpeg deinterlacing filter that deinterlaces the given block by filtering every second line with a (-1 4 2 4 -1) filter.
l5/lowpass5
Vertically applied FIR lowpass deinterlacing filter that deinterlaces the given block by filtering all lines with a (-1 2 6 2 -1) filter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to change software deinterlacer0