Kodi crash after scanning library
Yes, I am using Windows 10.

Probably just a typing mistake, but there is no v18.6. 18.2 is the latest official release.

Sure, let us know if you find the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic_controls (wiki) | Import-export_library (wiki) | Movie_sets (wiki) | NFO_files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Crashy video database works on this Ubuntu/Debian 17.6 version as well:
17.6 Debian package version: 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 Media Center Kodi from Debian
Copyright © 2005-2013 Team Kodi from Debian - http://kodi.tv

Same version, but not the same distribution ...
Just to mention it. In case you are using Ubuntu and you have installed:

17.6 Debian package version: 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 Media Center Kodi from Debian

we have to say that this version of Kodi 17.6 is patched by Debian and hard to support in here. That´s the version you get from the Ubuntu repositories. We have our own PPA for Ubuntu. So for proper logs and a better debugging, I would suggest to install Kodi from the XBMC PPA:

first, deinstall Kodi on your current Ubuntu-system:

sudo apt purge kodi\*

Add the Kodi PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa

Update the sources:
sudo apt update

Install Kodi
sudo apt install kodi

That should install Kodi 18.2 on your system. kodi 17.6 is outdated anyway and there won´t be any fix for it anymore. So we need logs from a supported distro using at least the actual stable Kodi version. Kodi 18 still receives fixes until some point.
Thank Davu for this tutorial.
But if I don't reproduce my issue with 17.6 debian-based Kodi, I'm not sure I will reproduce with a 18.2.
I'm giving a try anyway.

(few minutes later)

That's what I though, I cannot reproduce the issue with Ubuntu.

Is there anyway to get more debug trace of Video Databe opening ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crash after scanning library00