Streaming from Windows 10 to Raspberry Pi with Kodi and LibreElec ? -
Last spring streaming from my Windows desktop to Kodi on Raspberry Pi and LibreElec worked fine. I have updated my systems. Now I have spent hours over hours - no success any more when trying to stream from Windows 10 desktop to my Raspi. No connection to server, connection timed out...
Is there a working how-to somewhere here how make this work again. I don't seem to be the only one with this problem.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Last spring, a year ago, your Windows 10 probably still used SMBv1 (Samba). By now, after a couple of updates, SMBv2 is now the default, and it has at least 2 important changes:
- The Windows users requires full credentails (including a password)
- Network browsing no longer is functional.

That means that you best can use the "Add a network location..." when adding a new source in Kodi.
(2019-05-07, 22:03)Klojum Wrote: Last spring, a year ago, your Windows 10 probably still used SMBv1 (Samba). By now, after a couple of updates, SMBv2 is now the default, and it has at least 2 important changes:
- The Windows users requires full credentails (including a password)
- Network browsing no longer is functional.

That means that you best can use the "Add a network location..." when adding a new source in Kodi.

Thanks for Your input. Sorry, I am still unsuccessful. With "full credentials" do you mean password and login to be configurated in the Windows computer for the directories to be shared?
Username and password, yes.
After some more hours and beginning gastric ulcer problems I finally have a little bit of progress.

When trying to add my Windows machine as network share in Kodi, I had always started entering the IP-address of the Windows machine. That never worked any further thereafter, whatever I entered as user name and password, probably because I did not enter the name of the Windows network computer. Now I did not enter the ip-address, but entered the name of the network share computer, then user name and password of the windows account I am working with, all of a sudden the the list of network shares in Kodi contains my Windows computer listed as smb://MyComputer/

I can scroll through the subdirectories of the shared directory

But I cannot see any files in these directories.

What can I do to get access to the files?
(2019-05-14, 16:33)Franz47 Wrote: But I cannot see any files in these directories.

What can I do to get access to the files?

I was to early with my judgement. I finally completed adding the network share, restarted, and now I can see the files, too.
Relief.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming from Windows 10 to Raspberry Pi with Kodi and LibreElec ? -0