Movies Collections in subdirectories are not recognized
Please upload the full logfile to some pastebin site... (and/or click on GIT bugreport in menu, which creates a nice ZIP for us)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Hi, 

I have been reading these days and it seems that TMM manages moviesets into a specific "Movies - Collections" folder.  

I might have explained my case incorrectly, since I don't have that "movies - collections" folder.  Instead, what I have it is a movies folder where I put all my movies, but depending if those movies belong or not to a "movieset", they go either in the first level, or de sencond level.

For examples, lets consider I have 4 movies:  Alpha (no movieset), Alien I and Alien II (both belong to movieset "Alien"), and Aquaman (no movieset).

Then, my directory structure would be as follow:

- Movies
    -  Alpha (2018)
    -  Alien
          -  Alien I (1979)
          -  Alien II (1986)
    -  Aquaman (2018)

I mean, I have all movies (either single ones & movies from a movieset) into the same directory, but moviesets are under a specific directory with the name of the collection (a name choosen by me, not by TMM).

My problem is that movies inside a "movieset" directory are not recognized by TMM.

Anything I can do?  Is there a better way to have Moviesets movies?

Thanks in advanced.
> Anything I can do?
Upload. the. logfile.
Or take a screenshot from a movies folder, to see whats inside!

TMM scans your datasource recursively, regardless what structure you have...
Hi, I have upload the .zip file into this GitHub issue:  https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/510
Hi, just an update since I have been doing some test and I am pretty sure where does the problem comes from.

1.  I have all my movies into google drive, accessing them via google file stream
2.  If I create the same structure into my NAS, TMM scan the subdirectories without problem
3.  I have used to test another software (Raidrive) and TMM also worked

So, problem seems to occur using google file stream, which doesn't make any sense since I am using it with Kodi & Plex and works perfectly in both of them.
The log file with direct access:  ohiyufofol.kodi (paste)
you have a file system loop in your data source! this means that you must have some link in your data source which points to a location (e.g. to the outside folder) which causes an error in the recursive scan
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for your help.  It is a google drive where I don't have direct access to any other file, as far as I know....  Sad

Do you know the way to locate the file system that is generating that loop?
I guess, this is not just a loop error, i assume *this is* how google drive works internally!
They might work with links, and deduplication and other tricks beyond the filesystem...

What software do you use to mount your GDrive to a folder/driveletter? (there are plenty)
(2019-05-15, 07:51)myron Wrote: I guess, this is not just a loop error, i assume *this is* how google drive works internally!
They might work with links, and deduplication and other tricks beyond the filesystem...

What software do you use to mount your GDrive to a folder/driveletter? (there are plenty)

I use google file stream (oficial) and I have tried as well with Raidrive.

I have had problems in both of them.  With Raidrive I have been able to look all my movies doing a refresh over and over, getting some new movies each time I repeat the process, but clearly it is annoying since I takes forever.

What makes me think that it could be solved, is that if you go into the program to the option "find missing movies" (or whatever is called, since I am not in front of the program right now), it recognizes all the missing movies, so one way or another, the TMM really has the information about that movie, but It just doesn't show it.
That's indeed a nice find.
We walk the directory in both tasks, but in the one we follow symbolic links, where as in the other we don't....
(2019-05-20, 15:47)myron Wrote: That's indeed a nice find.
We walk the directory in both tasks, but in the one we follow symbolic links, where as in the other we don't....

Said so... "in the one we follow symbolic links, where as in the other we don't....", do you think the problem I have found with google file stream could be solved?  that way, all movies will be filled when refreshing a source.

I didn't understand what you meant with your sentence... sorry for asking again.

Probability of solving this issue in next reviews?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Collections in subdirectories are not recognized0