Solved Can anybody help with the Looney Tunes collection?
Good afternoon Kodi users,

I am currently in my 5th day of organizing my 12 TB cartoon collection and of course, I just finished properly renaming the ENTIRE Looney Toons database from 1929 to 2014. Hell.

Now, I noticed that there's a lot of mismatching info regarding these cartoons.

Through Filebot, the MovieDB was able to help and rename each and everyone of these files under the movie category. If I add them in Kodi in one of my movie folder, I can see all of them individually.

Of course, as I also have all the Betty Boop, Popeye and all the Disney shorts and movies also in there, you can imagine the mess of having 2580 movies so far all mixed up.

So as I read the previous posts on this matter, I noticed that Kodi can have a Looney Tunes category as a TV Show. Unfortunately, it doesn't scrap any file into it. I think it's normal as they are movies under the MovieDb.

I am a complete looney tunes geek, but not to the point to create a Looney tunes Movie set and add each cartoon manually into it.

So, as these cartoons were considered as episodes of a tvshow before and now as movies, but still as a tvshow in Kodi, I'm kind of stuck and would like to see if anybody can help me out on this one.

I am open to any suggestions, now I have to hit mu Lupin III section Smile

Thank you,
One of those shows that needs work at the scraper sites.

I note you used MovieDB to organise your files. No problem with that, but I wonder if in this case TheTVDB has a better listing.

Can you check this and see if it is more to your liking... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/looney-tunes
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-09, 23:16)Karellen Wrote: One of those shows that needs work at the scraper sites.

I note you used MovieDB to organise your files. No problem with that, but I wonder if in this case TheTVDB has a better listing.

Can you check this and see if it is more to your liking... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/looney-tunes
Yup, we can mark this thread as solved. Karellen nailed it.

Ladies and gents, Don't do the same mistake as I did.

I went through the MovieDB to rename all these cartoons as MOVIES. It worked, but they are all spread out as individual movies.

I have to rename all these cartoons again through the TVDB and they will be included in the Looney Tunes TV Show per year. It shouldn't take to long with some F2 and other keyboard shortcuts Smile.

For example, the MovieDB way  to name the file "Bosko the talk-ing kid (1929)" now has to be name under the TVDB way as "Looney Tunes - 1929x01 - Bosko the Talk-Ink Kid"

Lesson learned Big Grin
Great, I'll mark this as solved.

(2019-05-09, 23:21)Romcollector Wrote: name under the TVDB way as "Looney Tunes - 1929x01 - Bosko the Talk-Ink Kid
Extra points for the correct Season numbering. Using the Year instead of the traditional 1, 2, 3 numbering.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Specifically for the Looney Tunes, this thread is worth a read too.

I successfully imported them into my library a few weeks back (the Ultimate Collection) using such a renaming script, although I don't think it was that exact one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can anybody help with the Looney Tunes collection?0