Files are changing when accessing videos through Linux NFS shares
I have NFS shares, shared on Ubuntu 18.04 with export entry like this:
/pathto/video 192.168.x.x(ro,all_squash,insecure,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)

Videos are loading, but it seems that they're changed a bit (so my .torrent shares are getting broken, like 1 block in the whole torrent file). I don't know how it's possible for file to be changed through read only share, and I don't know if maybe file permissions, date accessed are maybe cnhanged, but I don't think that would affect data itself, so the torrent client tells me there is a broken piece.

Anyone experienced similar?
Broken hard disk?

Kodi cannot write into read only nfs shares ... certainly has to be something else on the server side.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm very much in doubt that HDD is broken because such thing is happening only on shares, + SMART monitoring is OK. But thanks for opinion.
(2019-05-11, 10:15)trancephorm Wrote: so the torrent client tells me there is a broken piece.

And that is Kodi's problem .. how?

As stated, it's a read-only share. The only things that Kodi ever writes, are subtitle files, and nfo files and/or various fanart during a video export. Other than that, video or music files are never rewritten/changed in any way.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
Thread moved to the Hardware section.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
(2019-05-11, 13:06)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-05-11, 10:15)trancephorm Wrote: so the torrent client tells me there is a broken piece.

And that is Kodi's problem .. how?

As stated, it's a read-only share. The only things that Kodi ever writes, are subtitle files, and nfo files and/or various fanart during a video export. Other than that, video or music files are never rewritten/changed in any way. 
Thanks, actuallz I just wanted to check whether Kodi makes some changes to files played.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files are changing when accessing videos through Linux NFS shares00