Bug Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.
I'm having the same sync issue (around 200-300ms).  I have:

Samsung 55" 4K TV
Onkyo 7.1 surround system
FireTV Gen 3 (the 4K capable diamond shaped pendant version of the Fire TV)

I had zero issues with audio sync on this same setup while I was running Kodi v16.1.  I only switched to v18.4 because I had issues with 16.1 freezing up every time I paused a movie or I had to reboot every time I wanted to watch a second movie.  v18.4 seems to have fixed that problem but I'm tempted to go back simply because almost every video is out of sync.

I'm playing all my videos from a hardwired PC and my Fire TV is hardwired (with the micro usb ethernet adapter).  Files are shared via SMB from a Windows 10 x64 PC. 

I'm really diggin' the layout of v18 but I might have to roll it back just to keep my sanity.
I started a bug report here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16838

Feel free to pile on.
I have this stick myself. Attached to a Denon X1300W and a Samsung 4K TV behind that. I tried to reproduce, but I cannot..

Tested: DD+, DTS, AC3 and also 5.1 PCM output (which won't work if you have it attached to a TV directly)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-11-06, 10:03)fritsch Wrote: I have this stick myself. Attached to a Denon X1300W and a Samsung 4K TV behind that. I tried to reproduce, but I cannot..

Tested: DD+, DTS, AC3 and also 5.1 PCM output (which won't work if you have it attached to a TV directly)

Let's try to see what's different about your setup versus everyone else's: What is the firmware version of your Fire Stick 4K? What version of Kodi did you try? Where was it downloaded from? What audio settings are you using on the Fire Stick 4K? What audio and video settings are you using in Kodi?
Jep, sure:

Stick Firmware: 6.2.6.6 (NS6266/2292)
Kodi Version: 18.4 with my DTS-HD-HR patches: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk 
Audio Settings:
- Number of Channels 5.1 (This only works if you have an AVR attached, with a TV set this to 2.0)
- Passthrough enabled (AC3, DTS, DTS-HD (only works for HR with above version))
- Video: Nothing special, mediacodec does what it wants anyways
- Player Settings: Adjust display refresh rate on start / stop
- Whitelist is empty! Means it stays at my resolution: 3840x2160 and only changes refreshrate
- Kodi's interface is set to 59.94 hz.

So - pretty standard, right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have the same problem with the 4K connected to a TV. As others stated, it can be fixed with these advandedsettings:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>-300</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

The -300 value is the sweet spot for me and can be checked with a video like this:

Two Coreelec boxes and an Nvidia Shield have no problems with the same TV.
(2019-11-06, 10:03)fritsch Wrote: I have this stick myself. Attached to a Denon X1300W and a Samsung 4K TV behind that. I tried to reproduce, but I cannot..

On my Fire TV Stick 4K I only experience the sync issue with AAC audio tracks.  Dolby, DTS and PCM tracks are all unaffected.  A Shield TV connected to the same receiver and TV combo doesn't have the sync issue on AAC audio tracks.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
Please post the Debug Log with AAC playing for a while. Perhaps it uses the internal AAC decoder and not ffmpeg's. We will see.
Got an update to 6.2.6.8 -> still working same as before.
(2019-11-08, 10:52)fritsch Wrote: Please post the Debug Log with AAC playing for a while. Perhaps it uses the internal AAC decoder and not ffmpeg's. We will see.

https://paste.kodi.tv/qeneyelawe.kodi

Seems like its using FFmpeg as the AAC decoder according to line 1722 in the log.

Code:
2019-11-08 10:50:31.996 T:8931  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder aac

Fire TV Stick 4K attached to Denon receiver which is connected to a 1080p Sony TV.  Kodi video set to 1080p @ 59.94Hz with no AFR and audio set to 5.1 with bitstreaming disabled for PCM output.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2019-11-08, 10:52)fritsch Wrote: Please post the Debug Log with AAC playing for a while. Perhaps it uses the internal AAC decoder and not ffmpeg's. We will see.

How do I get a log off of a Fire Stick?

Edit: Nevermind, there are some links at the bottom of the linked article that should work.

Edit 2: I'm going to have to play with things some more. When resettting video and audio settings to default, then setting 5.1 sound and re-enabling passthrough of all types, things seem to be working well. Also, the DTS video I was originally having problems with seems to be inherently out of sync, because it also plays badly on my HTPC.

Edit 3: Found another DTS SD movie that has choppy video unless I turn off hardware video decode acceleration in Kodi.

Edit 4: Found that a movie with MP3 audio is out of sync on the Fire Stick 4K but not on the HTPC. Tried many different settings, but the only combination that works correctly is 5.1 speakers, upmix enabled, passthrough disabled. Changing *any* of these three settings results in out of sync audio, and even with this combination the audio has a reverb effect, meaning that some channels are probably still delayed.

For reference, this is Kodi 18.4 2019-09-01 official Android release from the Kodi web site running on a Fire Stick 4K running Fire OS 6.2.6.8 (NS6268/2315) / Fire TV Home Version 6.1.8.1-012. TV is a Vizio E472VLE 47" 1080p. Receiver is a Yamaha RXV-665. Fire Stick is connected to the receiver via HDMI, and receiver is connected to TV via HDMI.

Edit 5: Here is a log file for the out of sync video: https://paste.kodi.tv/apowomudut
I check the log, you seek quite a lot. Could you share a sample that shows the issue?

dd if=yourfile of=fritschfile bs=1M count=50

Also:
Quote:Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p(progressive), 960x540 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], Closed Captions, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
Those dimensions are quite uncommon: 960 x 540 in general. I want to try them on my device.

Also Audio is just Stereo.
(2019-11-08, 19:40)fritsch Wrote: I check the log, you seek quite a lot. Could you share a sample that shows the issue?

dd if=yourfile of=fritschfile bs=1M count=50

Also:
Quote:Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p(progressive), 960x540 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], Closed Captions, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
Those dimensions are quite uncommon: 960 x 540 in general. I want to try them on my device.

Also Audio is just Stereo.  

fritschfile.7z

960x540 is actually fairly common for standard definition WEBRip video files.  None (or virtually none) of my video files with AAC audio contain surround sound, they are all stereo audio.  Again, almost all WEBRip video files that contain AAC audio are only going to contain stereo audio.
Okay. Can you try: https://fritschserver.no-ip.org/index.ph...B4EYjttVjl please?
(2019-11-08, 21:06)fritsch Wrote: Okay. Can you try: https://fritschserver.no-ip.org/index.ph...B4EYjttVjl please?

https://paste.kodi.tv/erogaqetug.kodi

Same result.  Still out of sync.  I don't think the resolution has anything to do with the audio being out of sync but it was worth a shot.  Lots of my video files, most in fact, aren't 1080p but the only ones with sync issues are the ones with AAC audio - SD, HD or FHD doesn't seem to matter.

Was the sample I provided perfectly in sync for you on your device?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.3