Bug Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.
(2019-05-25, 13:39)Cruncher4712 Wrote:
(2019-05-25, 11:05)FireInMyHole Wrote: Mine is now 300ms as well. Maybe it is a Sony Android TV issue. I manually updated the OS (no idea why it didn't do it automatically months ago), made no difference. Oreo can't be far off, either.

Are you also in the UK?
My Sony KDL-50W805B is the last generation before android TV was introduced. So we can rule that out.
I'm from germany.  
Have you tried MrMC Lite? It's a free crippled version of a Kodi fork on the Amazon app store.
I have no sync issues with MrMC, Spmc and VLC. Kodi is the only app with this problem on my Fire TV Stick 4K connected to this Sony TV (KDL-50W805B).
I own a Fire TV 2 box. I could check its sync issues with this TV.
I changed the box to the stick because kodi doesn't support automatic refresh rate changes on the box.

Would the results help you? Could take a while to connect the box and update kodi to 18.2.
(2019-05-26, 10:27)Cruncher4712 Wrote: I have no sync issues with MrMC, Spmc and VLC. Kodi is the only app with this problem on my Fire TV Stick 4K connected to this Sony TV (KDL-50W805B).
I changed the box to the stick because kodi doesn't support automatic refresh rate changes on the box.

Would the results help you? Could take a while to connect the box and update kodi to 18.2.

I checked an old Fire TV 1 box a few days ago with Kodi 17. Same sync issues, different versions of Fire OS. It seems to be a Sony + Amazon + Kodi phenomenon. I'm only reporting it here because it doesn't affect MrMC, so there's definitely a Kodi for Android vector in it.

Edit: updated Sony Android TV to Oreo (8.0) today. Made no difference.
(2019-05-26, 12:43)FireInMyHole Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 10:27)Cruncher4712 Wrote: I have no sync issues with MrMC, Spmc and VLC. Kodi is the only app with this problem on my Fire TV Stick 4K connected to this Sony TV (KDL-50W805B).

I checked an old Fire TV 1 box a few days ago with Kodi 17. Same sync issues, different versions of Fire OS. It seems to be a Sony + Amazon + Kodi phenomenon. I'm only reporting it here because it doesn't affect MrMC, so there's definitely a Kodi for Android vector in it. 
It's not just Sony TV's. I have a Skyworth brand Google TV, and I also have audio sync problems with the FireTV.
I don't want to use the onboard KODI/Android (on the TV) because I want to use the UK catchup apps that FireOS has.
KODI, when it's installed directly to the TV is fine (no audio issues), So I would say it's more of a KODI and FireOS/Firestick issue.
Just to add to the list. 

Kodi 18.2, new Firestick 4k, rubbishy Luxor tv

exactly 300ms adjustment needed

everything whitelisted, dolby disabled
(2019-06-25, 01:24)dm21912 Wrote: Just to add to the list. 

Kodi 18.2, new Firestick 4k, rubbishy Luxor tv

exactly 300ms adjustment needed

everything whitelisted, dolby disabled
Yep, that's exactly the offset I'm using for 99% of what I'm playing. The weird thing is I've had a couple of videos that are perfectly in sync.
I have the issue with the shield hooked up to my TV and optical from the TV to the receiver... only occurs with Dolby content however. DTS is fine.
Ive now had to increase it to 600ms...

Dunno whats going on :S
enabled "Sync playback to display" and im back to 300ms again...
Same behaviour here:

Sony KDL-40Z5500
Fire Stick 4K
Kodi 18.3

Exactly 300ms delay needed
"Sync playback to display" is on.
I have a LeEco SuperX 43 4K Android TV and with Kodi (07.17.2019 nightly) I have to set an audio offset of 250ms for all content on the 4K firestick.

I just want to add that changing the firestick audio output to stereo fixes this delay, a fine temporary workaround but of course this isn't going to work for those with surround set-ups.
(2019-07-18, 03:33)f1vefour Wrote: I have a LeEco SuperX 43 4K Android TV and with Kodi (07.17.2019 nightly) I have to set an audio offset of 250ms for all content on the 4K firestick.

I just want to add that changing the firestick audio output to stereo fixes this delay, a fine temporary workaround but of course this isn't going to work for those with surround set-ups.

I have seen this fix elsewhere (switching to "Stereo" in Firestick 4k). Does not work at all for me. I am trying to play local files, and the delay affects all of them. I also tried VLC Player on the Firestick 4k. Same problem. Pretty sure it is a Firestick issue because all of these files play fine on my Dune HD (in fact that is where they are stored).

Is there any reason why Kodi does not have a global audio advance/delay setting in the main settings menu, so not "per file"? That would solve the issue for everyone as far as I can see because the offset seems to be the same for all files.
(2019-07-18, 10:43)Max99 Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 03:33)f1vefour Wrote: I have a LeEco SuperX 43 4K Android TV and with Kodi (07.17.2019 nightly) I have to set an audio offset of 250ms for all content on the 4K firestick.

I have seen this fix elsewhere (switching to "Stereo" in Firestick 4k). Does not work at all for me. I am trying to play local files, and the delay affects all of them. I also tried VLC Player on the Firestick 4k. Same problem. Pretty sure it is a Firestick issue because all of these files play fine on my Dune HD (in fact that is where they are stored).

Is there any reason why Kodi does not have a global audio advance/delay setting in the main settings menu, so not "per file"? That would solve the issue for everyone as far as I can see because the offset seems to be the same for all files. 
You can set an audio offset as a default in the audio offset settings dialog box. That will apply globally.
vlc out of sync too for me when using dlna

Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                    : A_AAC-2
Just installed Kodi 18 on a Fire Stick 4K, and no matter what settings I use the audio is way out of sync.

Things I tried in Kodi's settings:
  • Toggling display sync
  • Toggling 2.0 versus 5.1 speakers
  • Toggling passthrough
  • Playing videos with 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks

Seems like Kodi just doesn't work properly on this device.

Videos are being played via SMB, not that it should matter. This was also a pain, as the SMB browser doesn't work, so I had to mess with Kodi a bunch to figure out how to thread the needle to connect.

Edit: I see other people are having problems too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/firetvstick/com...nc_issues/
https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/b..._stick_4k/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.3