Bug Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.
(2020-04-29, 23:50)robertus Wrote: same here

firstick 4k, kodi 18.6, firestick os up to date

delay about 300ms

no way to fix it.
Quote:<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>-300</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Ok this works, but is possible fix in kodi source?

Because isn't precise this fix, and can be possibile that some content, have another delay.

I’ve found that the 300ms delay works great for everything as long as I have pass through disabled. If I try to use pass through then everything is out of sync at different rates. I just put up with it for now until I’m able to get a different Kodi box that does everything (if there is such a thing)
(2020-04-29, 23:54)spiderborg Wrote:

delay about 300ms

no way to fix it.
Quote:<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>-300</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Because isn't precise this fix, and can be possibile that some content, have another delay. 

I’ve found that the 300ms delay works great for everything as long as I have pass through disabled. If I try to use pass through then everything is out of sync at different rates. I just put up with it for now until I’m able to get a different Kodi box that does everything (if there is such a thing) 
Infact with passthrough, if i use my home cinema, is impossible, and i must use 2.0 of my tv Sad

So with firestick is impossible fix this issue?

You need a firestick 4k for that?
(2020-04-30, 00:37)robertus Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 23:54)spiderborg Wrote:

delay about 300ms

no way to fix it.

Infact with passthrough, if i use my home cinema, is impossible, and i must use 2.0 of my tv Sad

I have a 2nd gen and 3rd gen Fire TV (not fire tv sticks). Both are 4K compatible. Same problem for both of them. I tried for weeks to find a solution. It has something to do with the way the fire TV is made and Kodi developers aren’t going to make a new build for it. I’m just going to find new hardware soon.
(2020-04-30, 00:42)spiderborg Wrote:
(2020-04-30, 00:37)robertus Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 23:54)spiderborg Wrote: I’ve found that the 300ms delay works great for everything as long as I have pass through disabled. If I try to use pass through then everything is out of sync at different rates. I just put up with it for now until I’m able to get a different Kodi box that does everything (if there is such a thing) 

I have a 2nd gen and 3rd gen Fire TV (not fire tv sticks). Both are 4K compatible. Same problem for both of them. I tried for weeks to find a solution. It has something to do with the way the fire TV is made and Kodi developers aren’t going to make a new build for it. I’m just going to find new hardware soon.  
Oh i see

Well, find a new hardware isn't a solution, would be great if is possible, fix in firestick 4k.

Also because in the market, there isn't an hardware without issues, and Nvidia Shield, is an example.

Firestick isn't high end hardware, but low price and performance, are better than nothing
It's fixed since a long time, see the Hardware Forum.

Short summary, two options:
a) Install my fritschfiretv builds (cause of the fix was too intrusive to backport it to Leia without breaking other broken devices even more) ->  http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
b) Every nightly since February (v19 based) has all the fixes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-04-30, 08:24)fritsch Wrote: It's fixed since a long time, see the Hardware Forum.

Short summary, two options:
a) Install my fritschfiretv builds (cause of the fix was too intrusive to backport it to Leia without breaking other broken devices even more) ->  http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
b) Every nightly since February (v19 based) has all the fixes.
Oh, so Leila 18.6 that we have doesn't have this fix.
But this build that you linked me, and nightly v19 based, have this fix, so when come out v19, should be have this fix. 
Now i understand.
I have only some doubt to install v19 build, and i guess that kodi-20200407-ac3dbb41-fritschfiretv-armeabi-v7a.apk is v19 based, because is beta.
1 - You think that shoudl be ok ?
2 - Need to unistall previous version, then, install this one ? anyway i use a microsd for all kodi data, so i store all files into microsd, because thumbnails and db of my kodi, needed a lot of space, and with internal space, i was in out of space.

Thanks to join this discussion
I see that very often that people are afraid of "beta" while running a version that is called "stable" and does not work at all for their use-case.

If you want to stay on Leia base, then there is no alternative besides installing that version. v19 instead Alpha and will break some of your addons. I only provide this fritschfiretv "build" so that people don't have to wait until v19 to have proper audio sync. It's just there to help some guys out there, you can always uninstall it :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-04-30, 14:38)fritsch Wrote: I see that very often that people are afraid of "beta" while running a version that is called "stable" and does not work at all for their use-case.

If you want to stay on Leia base, then there is no alternative besides installing that version. v19 instead Alpha and will break some of your addons. I only provide this fritschfiretv "build" so that people don't have to wait until v19 to have proper audio sync. It's just there to help some guys out there, you can always uninstall it :-)

Thanks to reply,

I'll try it  of course.
I use only Google Drive Add-on and missing movies ( to see if scraper tvdb and themoviedb, leave some content without info ).

I hope that works v19 with them
Once again - the build I liked is v18 based. v19 was only given as an alternative.
(2020-05-01, 07:21)fritsch Wrote: Once again - the build I liked is v18 based. v19 was only given as an alternative.

I have tried right now your build that you suggest me, but no way in my Firestick 4k

I have tried to install over my previous build, no way.

So unistall and fresh install, with import my kodi backup, no way.

Then unistall and install your build without any backup, no way

Delay still here.

I'm wrong in something?

V19 nightly aren't good.

I use only 1 addon, google drive, and doesn't works, so i can't try nothing with that.

EDIT: v19 doesn't works smb, so these alpha i guess that is impossibile to use Sad
Okay - then I can do nothing for you. All the testers in HW forum tested many different files and checked A/V sync. Everything is working fine according to their testing and for my personal testing as well, obviously.
(2020-05-02, 19:52)fritsch Wrote: Okay - then I can do nothing for you. All the testers in HW forum tested many different files and checked A/V sync. Everything is working fine according to their testing and for my personal testing as well, obviously.

But are you sure that are on Firestik 4k ?
100% sure, see: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151 - testing and fixing starts in the middle. So far everyone is happy.
(2020-05-02, 19:55)fritsch Wrote: 100% sure, see: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151 - testing and fixing starts in the middle. So far everyone is happy.
I guess that with pass through , audio with your build seems in sync

But there is another issue
If I select 4k resolution, happend this Sad
https://imgur.com/YLTYUo3
(2020-05-03, 02:11)robertus Wrote:
(2020-05-02, 19:55)fritsch Wrote: 100% sure, see: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151 - testing and fixing starts in the middle. So far everyone is happy.
I guess that with pass through , audio with your build seems in sync

But there is another issue
If I select 4k resolution, happend this Sad
https://imgur.com/YLTYUo3 

No need to guess - especially if you guess wrong. One of the major issues was AAC 2.0 audio, which is not passed through anywhere, this is also fixed. Also thanks for your screenshot, it does not help. Running 3840x2160 just fine here.

If you need help with multiple issues, start your own thread and most importantly: Post your Debug Log

Please open your own thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.3