list of recently updated playlists
Correct me if I am wrong, but there does not seem to be a dynamic list of playlists readily available.  So I worked out a psuedo dynamic list based that uses a script to read the playlist files and write an include file that becomes the list content for a window.   (disclosure - I proudly pulled from skinhelper service and scripts.playlist to work this out)

What I'd like to do is be able to create a view of the last few playlists created/updated for a view of what is new.   Can't seem to find anything that reveals that order.   Looked briefly at smartplaylisteditor.xml to see if I could capture the playlist name there in a variable and work out my own list of recents.   But it looks like most of the user input there is hard coded into Kodi, and not readily accessible to a skinner.   

Anyone have a thought that could point me in a good direction?
(2019-05-13, 20:03)illfigurethisout Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but there does not seem to be a dynamic list of playlists readily available.  So I worked out a psuedo dynamic list based that uses a script to read the playlist files and write an include file that becomes the list content for a window.   (disclosure - I proudly pulled from skinhelper service and scripts.playlist to work this out)

What I'd like to do is be able to create a view of the last few playlists created/updated for a view of what is new.   Can't seem to find anything that reveals that order.   Looked briefly at smartplaylisteditor.xml to see if I could capture the playlist name there in a variable and work out my own list of recents.   But it looks like most of the user input there is hard coded into Kodi, and not readily accessible to a skinner.   

Anyone have a thought that could point me in a good direction?
Maybe it's me, but I'm confused as to what you're actually trying to show...Huh
'A view of what is new'...?
That sounds like a smart playlist.  If not, what?
Trying to create a list of playlists.   So it's the playlist itself that is new.  Not the content of the playlist.
Giving up on this for now.   Did make some progress looking at file timestamps on the playlist files, but could not really get to where I wanted to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
list of recently updated playlists0