v18 Why connections out to e12930.g.akamaiedge.net
Running 18.2 on an RiP3 and have noticed recently it is connecting to e12930.g.akamaiedge.net 14 times per hour in regular intervals.  The only addon I an running is the wunderground one.  Does anything within Kodi have a need to query this domain?  Trying to track this down...
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
They are some kind of cloud hosting company.  I'd imagine that WU use them for some reason.  They are a legitimate company, I wouldn't worry.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Turn off wunderground for a while and recheck if you want to be 100% reassured?
Yes, rather than disabling the weather plugin, I first stopped kodi for ~12 hours to be sure that these requests were initiating from it.  They were.  When not running 0 requests came out from the box.  Now I disabled the weather plugin to see if that it the culprit.  Will post back.  What I find odd is that I am using the same plugin on other kodi boxes that aren't contacting this host...
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Are they exactly the same plug-in, same version and from the same source?

Does the affected box have any additional repos that the others don't, which could be a path to it being updated to a newer or different version?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
it's wunderground: http://api.wunderground.com.ipaddress.com/
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Gotta love the way that page thinks the server is located underwater... Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-05-14, 22:11)DarrenHill Wrote: Gotta love the way that page thinks the server is located underwater... Wink

like this one..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why connections out to e12930.g.akamaiedge.net0