Broken Fresh 2019.4 install, missing series after adding TVShows
Hi,

I am using Kodi v18 on a Vero 4k device. After a fresh install, I successfully mounted my server's NFS exports via fstab. Adding TVShows left one show missing. This particular TV show, Tatort (engl.: scene of the crime) was working perfectly with Kodi v17.

At some point, I ran sqlite3 to have a look into MyVideos116.db. No reasons for the lack of the series were visible, since I cleaned the library before I opened the db file. So I dumped the database into "before.sql", closed it, updated the library in Kodi, re-opened the database and dumped it into "after.sql".

A quick diff didn't show too many interesting things, but a strange behavior in the generation of seasons:

The beginning:

sql:
   INSERT INTO version VALUES(116,21);                  |    INSERT INTO version VALUES(116,20);
    INSERT INTO genre_link VALUES(10,29,'tvshow');              <
    INSERT INTO genre_link VALUES(7,29,'tvshow');              <
    INSERT INTO path VALUES(337,'/mnt/TVShows/Tatort/',NULL,NULL, <
    INSERT INTO tvshow VALUES(29,'Tatort','Unter dem Titel Tatort <
    INSERT INTO tvshowlinkpath VALUES(29,337);              <
    INSERT INTO studio VALUES(143,'ORF');                  <
    INSERT INTO studio_link VALUES(143,29,'tvshow');          <
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2184,29,-1,'',NULL);              <
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2185,29,0,'Specials',NULL);          <
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2186,29,1,'Staffel 1 (1970)',NULL) <
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2187,29,2,'Staffel 2 (1971)',NULL) <

Kodi is adding the seasons (in German: Staffel). ID#1 is 1970, ID#2 is 1971 and so on. It goes on until this year:

sql:
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2234,29,49,'Staffel 49 (2018)',NUL <
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2235,29,50,'Staffel 50 (2019)',NUL <

However then it is going on until the third value, "49" or "50" in the example above reach "2019".

sql:
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(2236,29,51,'',NULL);      <
    INSERT INTO seasons VALUES(4204,29,2019,'',NULL);      <

So it seems there is either a wrong loop in the code somewhere, or TheTVDB metadata makes Kodi think that this series has 2019 seasons.

In fact, Kodi is generating 1969 excess seasons with the same empty name. I guess that Kodi cannot display this, or runs into timeouts of some sorts, and therefore does not show my series.

Is there something I can do to see the show in Kodi?
Please provide the information as detailed in point 2 here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-14, 01:01)Karellen Wrote: Please provide the information as detailed in point 2 here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
a) After a fresh reinstall, I use the "Videos > Files > Add videos" functionality to add TV shows. A couple of those TV shows do not show up in "TV shows" after the scan. One particular is "Tatort" (engl: scene of the crime).

b) The debug log can be found here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gPsvHX6hdF/

c) I am not using a shared MySQL/MariaDB setup.

d) The link to the TV show at the scraper site is: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/scene-of-the-crime-1

Please let me know if more information is needed.
(2019-05-14, 07:58)stueja Wrote: The debug log can be found here

The query works for me: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?ap...de,en,null

Notice it uses TheMovieDB scraper, the default TV show scraper as per Kodi 18, and not the The TVDB scraper.
(2019-05-14, 12:57)Klojum Wrote: The query works for me

Glad to hear that.  For me, the TV show "Tatort" does not show up in "TV shows".
How can I change the scraper for TVShows back to thetvdb?
Set the source to None and activate it.
Then set it to TV shows with the TVDB scraper, and scrape.

There is a catch: your current watched/resume values will be lost.

Also the TVDB scraper hasn't been that reliable, hence that Kodi 18 now uses TMDB.
(2019-05-14, 14:10)Klojum Wrote: Set the source to None and activate it.
Then set it to TV shows with the TVDB scraper, and scrape.

Setting the scraper worked perfectly after I installed the TVDB scraper, thank you.
Also, TheTVDB scraper picked all my TV Shows up without problem. It took way longer to scrape than TheMovieDB, but all my TV shows are in Kodi, with titles, descriptions etc.

Thanks alot for your guidance and support.

One issue is left then: what is the issue which Kodi / TheMovieDB scraper had with the Tatort show?
(2019-05-14, 21:13)stueja Wrote: One issue is left then:

I take it you use the original German series name Tatort... Which is not known with either content provider.
I would scrape/refresh that series manually, and then use the English title.
After that, you can manually rename the title back into Tatort.
(2019-05-14, 21:13)stueja Wrote: One issue is left then: what is the issue which Kodi / TheMovieDB scraper had with the Tatort show?
You named your episodes according to TheTVDB format. ie, they used the Year as the season number for this particular show. eg S1970E01

TheMovieDB does not use that format. It uses simple numbers eg S01E01
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-14, 22:14)Karellen Wrote: TheMovieDB does not use that format.
Ah. Thanks for letting me know. A rather big consequence for this nearly undocumented change to TheMovieDB.

(2019-05-14, 22:09)Klojum Wrote: I would scrape/refresh that series manually, and then use the English title.
I tried that earlier. It didn't help. Neither of "Tatort", "Tatort (1970)", "Scene of the crime" or "Scene of the crime (1970)" worked. Given Karellen's explanation, it is clear now why.

Anyway, thanks to all of you. Luckily, TheTVDB scraper is still available. So I don't have to rename a couple thousand episodes from the TVDB scheme to the TheMovieDB scheme. Is there a renaming tool provided by Kodi?
(2019-05-14, 23:24)stueja Wrote: Ah. Thanks for letting me know. A rather big consequence for this nearly undocumented change to TheMovieDB.
Sure, no problems Smile

Yes, it can be extremely frustrating until you "know". But for any other member experiencing the same issue... what you see at the scraper sites is how the files should be named. (I'll add it to that link I gave you)

Also if you can find a show from the Search Box, it means that the title is ok to scrape with. So searching for "Tatort" at TheMovieDB does come up and it is listed as a legitimate title...

My Signature
(2019-05-14, 23:24)stueja Wrote: Is there a renaming tool provided by Kodi?

Nope. But there are plenty of freeware file renaming tools avaiable out there for every OS.
There is FileBot, but that has gone (semi-) commercial now.
This might not be related but It can't hurt to mention here.

I also had a problem with some shows disappearing, they would get mixed in with others. I posted my solution here - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2799639

have a look

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh 2019.4 install, missing series after adding TVShows0