XBOX OSD Chapter Forward
Hi Kodi,
Whilst playing a movie (or TV show) and using the OSD feature, selecting the chapter forward button (not the fast-faward button) is returning the play sequence back to the start of the movie, rather than skipping forward to the next chapter.
I have tried various skins with the same result, so I assume the issue lies within the OSD code rather than skin.  All the other buttons in the OSD function correctly.  Thoughts?
I am running Leia 8.2.  Not sure what other detail you require, so let me know.

Thanks, Mark
A full debug log (wiki) with that problem happening would be a nice start.
Did you test the file on VLC on PC to check if chapters are working correctly. Sometimes if chapters are corrupted it will jump to beginning
(2019-05-18, 21:03)the_bo Wrote: Did you test the file on VLC on PC to check if chapters are working correctly. Sometimes if chapters are corrupted it will jump to beginning
Thanks @the_bo.  Yes, the files are .mkv and can confirm the chapters are being accessed correctly through VLC.  Also, the issue is occurring across all my movie/tv files
Which device are you using Kodi on. A debug log will be needed as we can only guess.
(2019-05-18, 08:16)Klojum Wrote: A full debug log (wiki) with that problem happening would be a nice start.
Thanks @Klojum.  Find the debug file here: vicujovapi (paste).  The line that reflects the action of selecting the chapter forward button in the OSD is line 747.

Appreciate your review.  Thanks
(2019-05-19, 12:54)the_bo Wrote: Which device are you using Kodi on. A debug log will be needed as we can only guess.
Apologies - it's an xbox-one
(2019-05-19, 23:27)funkmeister7 Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 12:54)the_bo Wrote: Which device are you using Kodi on. A debug log will be needed as we can only guess.
... and the skin is Aeon Nox: SiLVO
... and the chapter forward feature works on the controller's directional pad (i.e direction press right)
(2019-05-20, 00:14)funkmeister7 Wrote: Apologies - it's an xbox-one 
... and the chapter forward feature works on the controller's directional pad (i.e direction press right)

sorry, that should read ... and the chapter forward feature works on the controller's directional pad (i.e direction press UP)
Bump... Have any of the Kodi techs been able to replicate this?
Looks like the controller is passing Keyboard: scancode: 0x00, sym: 0x0000, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0

When it should be passing 'select' (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0

And I saw delineation of the chapters in the log (The West Wing). If possible to use another input device?
Thanks @PatK.  It appears this issue was resolved with following upgrade 18.3 and later.  Am now on 18.4 and all is working fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Chapter Forward0