playlist from itunes in Kodi?
Hello,

I'm a new user to kodi, and like it very much
I have it on my pc, and android tv
All my files are on my NAS, and can be reached with kodi using NFS.
Also I'm running an SQL database on the NAS, so the TV and my pc with kodi are using a central database on the NAS.
Works like a charm so that's ok.

No I have a problem and I was wondering if there is a solution for that.

Before I was running an Itunes server on the NAS for my music, and i have created some playlists in Itunes.
On my pc i am running both kodi and Itunes, so that's no problem i can reach my playlists in iTunes on my pc, but not with kodi on the TV

In that room i use my TV with kodi to reach my music on the nas, so I miss my playlists in Itunes over there.

Question:

is there a way to import my playlists in Itunes to Kodi?

best regards.....
Hi, i have no experience with iTunes, so there I help you. I do wonder if you did specific configuration using NFS. Because I myself have struggled getting NFS to work properly. Therefore I returned to SMB. But as far as I understand NFS is preferable regarding speed and overhead. Kindly share you experience. Thanks
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340425
(2019-05-19, 10:14)eljejer Wrote: Hi, i have no experience with iTunes, so there I help you. I do wonder if you did specific configuration using NFS. Because I myself have struggled getting NFS to work properly. Therefore I returned to SMB. But as far as I understand NFS is preferable regarding speed and overhead. Kindly share you experience. Thanks
Hello,

I presume you're working with a NAS.. and indeed with NFS it is working very vast...
Only problem is the database, because you will have to put that one on the NAS with an SQL database so all the devices use the same database..

On youtube you can find a lot of tutorials...

for nfs:

you have to do 2 things:

1 is to give the shares you want to use on the nas permission to use NFS on that shares..
2 the other is to tell kodi where and how to use them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64l-BmPqxJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PmmDtK65ks&t=206s

best regards.....
(2019-05-20, 15:51)jasn Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340425
thanks, I check it out....
Yes, I do this across my Kodi boxes.

In iTunes, highlight your playlist then go to File - Library - Export Playlist. There is an option for ‘Format’ -select M3U and export the file.

Next, you have to ensure the paths inside the M3U file match your media source structure. I’m on a Mac, so my export looks like: /Volumes/Music/band/song.mp3. My nas sources are NFS mounts in /etc/tab so the equivalent path from the Kodi perspective is /storage/ServerMusic/band/song.mp3. In your favourite text editor (I use Atom), do a global replace from /Volume/Music to /storage/ServerMusic, and the M3U file is now a Kodi playlist file.

If you save the file in ./userdata/playlists/music it will show up in Kodi as a playlist and you should be good to go.

If you have more than one Kodi and I assume you do since you are using MySQL, then create a Music directory in your media source. I put mine in ServerMusic/_playlists, and then used path substitution in the advanced settings file to point to it.

I am on OSMC Vero4k+ so the paths might be different but here is what I did:

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/playlists/</from>
<to>nfs://your.ip.address/export/Music/_playlists/<to> *note: /export/Music is /storage/ServerMusic
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
<to>nfs://your.ip.address/export/Music/_playlists/<to> *note: /export/Music is /storage/ServerMusic
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Now when you save the M3U file to you NAS _playlists/music/your.m3u, all your Kodi boxes (with the path substitution in advanced settings) should be able to see and play the iTunes playlist.
Both of you thank you very much....
I will check it out
I don’t see how to edit my post but there are a couple of typos:

The mounts are /etc/fstab
Both of the <to> substitutions should end with </to>
thanks again top info!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playlist from itunes in Kodi?1