Kodi integrated in surround system
Hello,

I am playing with Kodi and LibreELEC for a while and I want to push things to the upper level. Currently, my Kodi box is an old laptop connected to a TV via HDMI and with an analog cable to my old surround system. Good for testing, no so good for using. When I want to watch a movie, I need to separately turn on the TV, laptop and surround system, switch the TV to HDMI, switch surround system to the analog input and start using Kodi.

Firstly I thought about upgrading the laptop with some TV box that supports CEC. But it still doesn´t solve the surround system issue. Therefore I am thinking - does anybody know about a surround system, that can run Kodi? I am thinking about something like an ordinary home theatre system like I already have, but instead of proprietary firmware, it will run some distro (e.g. LibreELEC) and Kodi. So this box will handle all the logic and playing as well as the sound and can command my TV via CEC. Is something like this possible?

Thanks for any bits of advice.

George
(2019-05-18, 13:30)gregorij Wrote: Hello,

I am playing with Kodi and LibreELEC for a while and I want to push things to the upper level. Currently, my Kodi box is an old laptop connected to a TV via HDMI and with an analog cable to my old surround system. Good for testing, no so good for using. When I want to watch a movie, I need to separately turn on the TV, laptop and surround system, switch the TV to HDMI, switch surround system to the analog input and start using Kodi.

Firstly I thought about upgrading the laptop with some TV box that supports CEC. But it still doesn´t solve the surround system issue. Therefore I am thinking - does anybody know about a surround system, that can run Kodi? I am thinking about something like an ordinary home theatre system like I already have, but instead of proprietary firmware, it will run some distro (e.g. LibreELEC) and Kodi. So this box will handle all the logic and playing as well as the sound and can command my TV via CEC. Is something like this possible?

Thanks for any bits of advice.

George

Your best option would be an Android TV based sound bar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi integrated in surround system0