Kodi Went Totally Blank
I was watching Kodi 18.2 on my Firestick 4k this morning when my modem spontaneously rebooted. This is the second morning it has happened at exactly the same time. When I restarted Kodi all I got was a blank black screen. Needless to say I lost everything that was in Kodi. I tried two different sources to re-download it and as soon as I launched it I saw the Kodi skin for a second and then it went blank again. The third source I downloaded it from worked and I was able to set Kodi up as before. Anybody have any idea what happened? Is there a way to back up Kodi on Firestick?
Apart from the obvious interconnecting of various network devices, a modem(/router) usually also provides IP numbers for those network devices. After a reset, the provided IP number to each device can change, and confuse the Kodi library which stores all network addresses in full.

As far as "blank" screens go, give us a screenshot of said blank screen. Is only your video collection lost, or is the Kodi screen itself totally gone? In case of the latter option, provide details of your 'sources'. Also keep in mind we have a Piracy policy (wiki) on this forum here.
Click the “force stop” button on the screen, then click the “clear cache”. Don't click clear data at all! This will fix the blank screen query if you are having it. To Stop this from appearing again, make certain to accurately stop the Kodi app when not using it.
(2019-05-21, 11:28)harryjosh Wrote: Click the “force stop” button on the screen, then click the “clear cache”. Don't click clear data at all! This will fix the blank screen query if you are having it. To Stop this from appearing again, make certain to accurately stop the Kodi app when not using it.

I am unable to access any buttons because the screen is totally blank-there are no buttons.
When using a Firestick with Kodi your options for clicking on anything are more limited than when using a mouse. There is no force stop option, only Exit. I downloaded Kodi again, loaded it up and it blanked out again. Kodi is working fine on my other Firestick. I've used Kodi for years and have never encountered this.
Have you cleared the cache? but don't clear the data
This has happened twice to me on my Nvidia Shield. Forcing stop and clearing the cache got me onltto the Leia splash screen before it crashed. Without clearing the cache, I didn't even get the splash screen. I had to uninstall and re-install bothe times and rebuild everything from scratch.

Since then, I wondered if my permissions had changed in Android somehow and if that what was causing the problem. Unfortunately, I thought of that after my last uninstall!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Went Totally Blank0