XBMC freeze on shutdown
Logfile: http://pastebin.com/m35a185b0 - I'm seeing a XBMC freeze when choosing shutdown from the main XBMC screen only AFTER I play a video. If I start XBMC then shut it down w/o other activity, it exits fine. This requires a reboot before XBMC will restart properly. Kubuntu 8.04.
We know about it and it is much less specific than you are seeing.

You should be able to drop to a console (ctrl+alt+F#). login and "killall -9 xbmc.bin" as apposed to rebooting until the problem is resolved.
althekiller Wrote:We know about it and it is much less specific than you are seeing.

You should be able to drop to a console (ctrl+alt+F#). login and "killall -9 xbmc.bin" as apposed to rebooting until the problem is resolved.

Thanks.
Just one more comments on it, after I "killall -9 xbmc.bin", I can back to my GUI, however, mouse stop working.

Thanks
Just as an fyi, I'm still seeing this error with 13982
That's because I haven't found it yet Wink

As for the mouse thing, if you can manage to get on the boxee alpha list you can grab their linux source and compile the file "give_me_my_mouse_back.c" and run this to get your mouse back, otherwise you'll have to restart X.
althekiller Wrote:That's because I haven't found it yet Wink

As for the mouse thing, if you can manage to get on the boxee alpha list you can grab their linux source and compile the file "give_me_my_mouse_back.c" and run this to get your mouse back, otherwise you'll have to restart X.

No biggie, Al Smile

My living room box doesn't exit and for my office box (which does) I flip to windowed mode, then kill xbmc via a console script. That way I gain my mouse back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freeze on shutdown0