TV
Can somebody,

Who is not as stupid as me,

Tell me BRIEFLY,

How to get TV on Kodi.

Thank you.
Android has many versions. Kodi requires at leat v5.0 but newer is recommended.
Not all Android implementations on TVs work as well as others.

Getting Kodi on your TV can also be done via external devices, such as the well-known Raspberry Pi computers

Any further specifications are meaningless as we have no clue as to what your Kodi intentions are.
Should those intentions include "the latest movies and tv shows", then I suggest you move along to the next internet forum.
(2019-05-20, 20:17)Klojum Wrote: Android has many versions. Kodi requires at leat v5.0 but newer is recommended.
Not all Android implementations on TVs work as well as others.

Getting Kodi on your TV can also be done via external devices, such as the well-known Raspberry Pi computers

Any further specifications are meaningless as we have no clue as to what your Kodi intentions are.
Should those intentions include "the latest movies and tv shows", then I suggest you move along to the next internet forum.
I do not understand anything. I just want to know how to watch TV. 

Shield: v7.3.2(30.6.131.70)
Sony TV v7.0
(2019-05-20, 22:14)notharry Wrote: I do not understand anything. I just want to know how to watch TV. 
Well, you better start doing a bit of reading. There is no simple 5 words or less answer.

To watch Live TV through Kodi, you need to install a PVR backend. You may also need a tuner card. Configure them, then install the equivalent add-on in Kodi.

All your compatible PVR backends are in this forum... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167

Your best place to start is choosing the most suitable PVR backend then visiting their forum for instructions on how to install and configure.

Which one you choose will depend on what country you live in and where the feed is coming from (terrestrial or cable) amongst other considerations.

If you are not referring to Live TV, then you better re-think your question and explain exactly what you want.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-20, 23:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 22:14)notharry Wrote: I do not understand anything. I just want to know how to watch TV. 
Well, you better start doing a bit of reading. There is no simple 5 words or less answer.

To watch Live TV through Kodi, you need to install a PVR backend. You may also need a tuner card. Configure them, then install the equivalent add-on in Kodi.

All your compatible PVR backends are in this forum... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167

Your best place to start is choosing the most suitable PVR backend then visiting their forum for instructions on how to install and configure.

Which one you choose will depend on what country you live in and where the feed is coming from (terrestrial or cable) amongst other considerations.

If you are not referring to Live TV, then you better re-think your question and explain exactly what you want. 

I do not understand.

I need SIMPLE instructions.
(2019-05-24, 20:59)notharry Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 23:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 22:14)notharry Wrote:  
I do not understand.

I need SIMPLE instructions. 

You've been given SIMPLE instructions.

You still haven't explained exactly what it is you're trying to do, we're not mind readers and I'm pretty sure the only working crystal ball was lost sometime around 2012 (we don't like to talk about it).

If you want to watch live TV then you need to follow Karellen's post.

If you're trying to watch all of the latest stuff for free via addons then as Klojum said you're on the wrong forum.

If you want help with something specific (and "I want to watch TV" isn't specific), then you need to give us more information and help us to help you.
Shield: v7.3.2(30.6.131.70)
Sony TV v7.0
i do not understand
https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/watch-liv...android-tv
Catch-up TV & More
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...shield-tv/
USB Tv tuner that's works with shield tv
(2019-05-25, 14:17)the_other_guy Wrote: Shield: v7.3.2(30.6.131.70)
Sony TV v7.0
i do not understand
https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/watch-liv...android-tv
Catch-up TV & More
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...shield-tv/
USB Tv tuner that's works with shield tv
OK, I've no idea why I'd use TV tuner hardware, because if this was the case, I'd just use the tuner hardware and no middleman-Shield. And this is just LOCAL content ONLY.

I mean live internet TV.

Or does this not exist?

And I don't mean those BBC iplayer type things.

I need something with loads of channels from all sorts of providers.
So piracy.
I need something with loads of channels from all sorts of providers. if you mean free content that does not break copyright laws
https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/roku-free-movies/
1) Pluto TV
If you miss live TV after cord-cutting, Pluto TV will feel like a homecoming. This free streaming TV solution offers live channels and on-demand content, including a host of streaming movie channels. Users get 16 ad-supported movie channels streaming 24 hours a day
2) Tubi TV
Tubi TV has taken Crackle’s crown as the best free service on Roku, with a massive library of over 7,400 TV shows and movies available for free streaming. This ad-supported network doesn’t have original content, instead focusing on its vast library of films and series. Anime fans,
3) Vudu
Vudu is mostly known as a streaming rental store, but the service recently expanded to include a large selection of ad-supported free programming.

6) Sony Crackle
Sony Crackle is an ad-supported service that features plenty of big Hollywood blockbusters and excellent TV series. Along with classics like Talladega Nights and The Karate Kid, Crackle has started to dip its toes into original programming

8) Popcorn Flix
At first glance, you might expect Popcorn Flix to be just another app for B- and C-grade crap. However, closer examination shows unexpected treasures like Secretary and John Ford’s Stagecoach.
(2019-05-29, 03:47)the_other_guy Wrote: I need something with loads of channels from all sorts of providers. if you mean free content that does not break copyright laws
https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/roku-free-movies/
1) Pluto TV
If you miss live TV after cord-cutting, Pluto TV will feel like a homecoming. This free streaming TV solution offers live channels and on-demand content, including a host of streaming movie channels. Users get 16 ad-supported movie channels streaming 24 hours a day
2) Tubi TV
Tubi TV has taken Crackle’s crown as the best free service on Roku, with a massive library of over 7,400 TV shows and movies available for free streaming. This ad-supported network doesn’t have original content, instead focusing on its vast library of films and series. Anime fans,
3) Vudu
Vudu is mostly known as a streaming rental store, but the service recently expanded to include a large selection of ad-supported free programming.

6) Sony Crackle
Sony Crackle is an ad-supported service that features plenty of big Hollywood blockbusters and excellent TV series. Along with classics like Talladega Nights and The Karate Kid, Crackle has started to dip its toes into original programming

8) Popcorn Flix
At first glance, you might expect Popcorn Flix to be just another app for B- and C-grade crap. However, closer examination shows unexpected treasures like Secretary and John Ford’s Stagecoach.

Is there any setup whereby one can watch live internet TV, with an EPG covering a large range of broadcasters? WITHOUT using and external hardware decoder, or paying any subscription? Perhaps what I imagine exists, does not.
(2019-05-29, 11:21)notharry Wrote: Is there any setup whereby one can watch live internet TV, with an EPG covering a large range of broadcasters? WITHOUT using and external hardware decoder, or paying any subscription? Perhaps what I imagine exists, does not. 
There is.  But:
- it won't be reliable
- you won't get any help here with it
(2019-05-29, 11:32)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-05-29, 11:21)notharry Wrote: Is there any setup whereby one can watch live internet TV, with an EPG covering a large range of broadcasters? WITHOUT using and external hardware decoder, or paying any subscription? Perhaps what I imagine exists, does not. 
There is.  But:
- it won't be reliable

Thank you Trogggy,

For shattering my illusory dreams. :-(.

Is there a guide (elsewhere I guess) to getting the least unreliable set up?
(2019-05-29, 14:18)notharry Wrote:
(2019-05-29, 11:32)trogggy Wrote:
There is.  But:
- it won't be reliable

Thank you Trogggy,

For shattering my illusory dreams. :-(.

Is there a guide (elsewhere I guess) to getting the least unreliable set up?  
Make sure your antivirus software is up to date.
Stick 'free iptv' in google.
Good luck.
And don't come running back here when your device still ends up full of malware and other crap.

We have a piracy policy (wiki) for a reason (indeed for several), and it's a policy you agreed to abide by when you signed up here as part of our forum rules (wiki) (whether you bothered to actually read what you were signing up to or not).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV0