Broken Stopping a recording creates a failed recording on tvheadend
(2019-05-23, 08:27)sualfred Wrote: Seen a similar issue with a few recordings that are watched and then deleted on the Shield. The recordings are tagged with "time missed". I cannot reproduce it on the Windows machine.

Your issue:
If I manually start a recording and stop it will moved to "failed recordings" with the tag "aborted by user". It's gone once I delete it from the recordings. I have no issues with recording the same item again. That  handling seems ok to me.
No, the handling is all wrong.   Whatever HTSP command that the Kodi plugin is using to stop the recording is causing TVH to mark the recording as failed rather than simply stopped or deleted.  The problem with this is that on the Kodi end the recording still appears as recording.  Sometimes when I'm recording a sporting event I might want to stop the recording (because I caught the score live and I don't want to watch it from the beginning) and then restart the recording from now.  That doesn't work since Kodi thinks its still recording I don't have an option to record it.  The only way to clear this case is to delete the failed recording from the TVH website.

Definitely a bug in either the Kodi plugin or in TVH. I don't know which.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stopping a recording creates a failed recording on tvheadend - by rykr - 2019-05-23, 23:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stopping a recording creates a failed recording on tvheadend0