Broken Stopping a recording creates a failed recording on tvheadend
and this causes problems for Kodi 18.

So start a recording and then do a stop recording.  On TVH 4.3  this turns into a failed recording.  It still shows as recording in Kodi (red dot).  Choosing stop recording again shows the dialog about a PVR error.  The only way to clear it is to delete the failed recording from the TVH web UI.

Anyone else see this?
Seen a similar issue with a few recordings that are watched and then deleted on the Shield. The recordings are tagged with "time missed". I cannot reproduce it on the Windows machine.

Your issue:
If I manually start a recording and stop it will moved to "failed recordings" with the tag "aborted by user". It's gone once I delete it from the recordings. I have no issues with recording the same item again. That  handling seems ok to me.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2019-05-23, 08:27)sualfred Wrote: Seen a similar issue with a few recordings that are watched and then deleted on the Shield. The recordings are tagged with "time missed". I cannot reproduce it on the Windows machine.

Your issue:
If I manually start a recording and stop it will moved to "failed recordings" with the tag "aborted by user". It's gone once I delete it from the recordings. I have no issues with recording the same item again. That  handling seems ok to me.
No, the handling is all wrong.   Whatever HTSP command that the Kodi plugin is using to stop the recording is causing TVH to mark the recording as failed rather than simply stopped or deleted.  The problem with this is that on the Kodi end the recording still appears as recording.  Sometimes when I'm recording a sporting event I might want to stop the recording (because I caught the score live and I don't want to watch it from the beginning) and then restart the recording from now.  That doesn't work since Kodi thinks its still recording I don't have an option to record it.  The only way to clear this case is to delete the failed recording from the TVH website.

Definitely a bug in either the Kodi plugin or in TVH. I don't know which.
I don't see this behaviour.  I can stop and re-record as much as I like. 

(running the latest TVH 4.3 built from GitHub and Leia)
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2019-05-24, 06:04)sualfred Wrote: I don't see this behaviour.  I can stop and re-record as much as I like. 

Same here, cannot reproduce. Using latest tvh 4.3, latest pvr.hts addon.
Could be a tvh "misconfiguration" that causes your trouble:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issu...-460386804
(2019-05-24, 06:04)sualfred Wrote: I don't see this behaviour.  I can stop and re-record as much as I like. 

It could be because I'm using hdhomerun primes. I'm not sure anyone is maintaining the cablecard support in TVH.  Anyway, here is a video of the issue I'm seeing.  I'm on latest TVH and latest TVH add-on as well.

https://youtu.be/Ya6EPKTrrPc
(2019-05-24, 16:51)rykr Wrote:

It could be because I'm using hdhomerun primes. I'm not sure anyone is maintaining the cablecard support in TVH.  Anyway, here is a video of the issue I'm seeing.  I'm on latest TVH and latest TVH add-on as well.

Have you seen the link I have posted? Klick on it, look at the screen shot and ensure your tvh access rights are set correctly. You need to tick "failed view".
(2019-05-24, 17:22)ksooo Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 16:51)rykr Wrote:

Have you seen the link I have posted? Klick on it, look at the screen shot and ensure your tvh access rights are set correctly. You need to tick "failed view". 
I made that change.  That "works"  but it's still not really correct.   That at least marks in Kodi that the recording is playable and you can watch the recording and re-record.  So that really fixes the main issue with Kodi.   However, it still shows as failed in the tvh web client.  I used the tvhclient on my iPhone to stop an in-progress recording and it shows a completed in the web client (which is more accurate I think).

So, thanks for the link.  This solves the main problem but I still believe that the Kodi plugin is stopping the recording in the wrong way.
(2019-05-24, 17:32)rykr Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 17:22)ksooo Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 16:51)rykr Wrote: It could be because I'm using hdhomerun primes. I'm not sure anyone is maintaining the cablecard support in TVH.  Anyway, here is a video of the issue I'm seeing.  I'm on latest TVH and latest TVH add-on as well.

I made that change.  That "works"  but it's still not really correct.   That at least marks in Kodi that the recording is playable and you can watch the recording and re-record.  So that really fixes the main issue with Kodi.   However, it still shows as failed in the tvh web client.  I used the tvhclient on my iPhone to stop an in-progress recording and it shows a completed in the web client (which is more accurate I think).

So, thanks for the link.  This solves the main problem but I still believe that the Kodi plugin is stopping the recording in the wrong way.

Agreed, and all documented in the issue that belongs to the link I posted here. If you take yourself the time to read through the issue you will get all details, including the technical problem I'm facing for a fix. ;-)
(2019-05-24, 18:03)ksooo Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 17:32)rykr Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 17:22)ksooo Wrote: Have you seen the link I have posted? Klick on it, look at the screen shot and ensure your tvh access rights are set correctly. You need to tick "failed view". 

Agreed, and all documented in the issue that belongs to the link I posted here. If you take yourself the time to read through the issue you will get all details, including the technical problem I'm facing for a fix. ;-) 

Ahh I see.  Are you the main developer of the tvh add-on?   If so I appreciate you working on this and look forward to you solving it!  If I can help with any testing I'd be happy to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stopping a recording creates a failed recording on tvheadend0