Database corruption - Musicbrainz Album Id tagging corrupted
I have been successfully running Kodi on my RPi however whenever i scan my music folders the database gets created with about 90% of songs correctly but the remaining songs are listed under 'Zero 7' (which happens to be the last artist/subfolder in the directory). I have deleted and rebuilt the database many times and checked all of the ID3 tags. If i look in the database file directly it is definitely incorrect in there and there are far too many to update them manually. Any suggestions for the cause of this/solutions?

Thanks
@chrisryan43

Can you upload your database to https://uploadfiles.io/ and post the link here. If you don't want to make the link public, hit the Report button on my post and paste the link there. One of the other mods will pass it on if I don't get to it in time.

A Debug Log might also be of use, but in this case it will require you to clear your library and rescan.

Moved to music.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-24, 10:01)chrisryan43 Wrote: I have been successfully running Kodi on my RPi however whenever i scan my music folders the database gets created with about 90% of songs correctly but the remaining songs are listed under 'Zero 7' (which happens to be the last artist/subfolder in the directory). I have deleted and rebuilt the database many times and checked all of the ID3 tags. If i look in the database file directly it is definitely incorrect in there and there are far too many to update them manually. Any suggestions for the cause of this/solutions?

Thanks

Any chance you have an artist.nfo or album.nfo in your ROOT music folder?
(2019-05-24, 10:05)Karellen Wrote: @chrisryan43

Can you upload your database to https://uploadfiles.io/ and post the link here. If you don't want to make the link public, hit the Report button on my post and paste the link there. One of the other mods will pass it on if I don't get to it in time.

A Debug Log might also be of use, but in this case it will require you to clear your library and rescan.

Moved to music.
Hi Karellen
Here is the database

Thanks for your help
(2019-05-24, 13:35)helta Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 10:01)chrisryan43 Wrote: I have been successfully running Kodi on my RPi however whenever i scan my music folders the database gets created with about 90% of songs correctly but the remaining songs are listed under 'Zero 7' (which happens to be the last artist/subfolder in the directory). I have deleted and rebuilt the database many times and checked all of the ID3 tags. If i look in the database file directly it is definitely incorrect in there and there are far too many to update them manually. Any suggestions for the cause of this/solutions?

Thanks

Any chance you have an artist.nfo or album.nfo in your ROOT music folder? 

Just checked and there isn't a *.nfo file in the root but thanks for the suggestion
(2019-05-24, 14:50)chrisryan43 Wrote: Here is the database

Thanks for your help  

You'll see idAlbum 9 has been assigned to many many random songs
@chrisryan43 I have checked your db (and hidden the link so only mods can see it) and you have a problem with your music file tagging. What software did you use to tag these files?

Anyway you need to fix the tagging of the 2805 music files that, instead of having a valid mbid in the XXX: Musicbrainz Album Id tag, have the text "usicBrainz Album Id". This tag corruption is causing Kodi to see all the songs as belonging to the same album (with a mbid = "usicBrainz Album Id"). I can tell you the 715 folders effected if that helps.

Not sure what tagging software would have caused this problem, as the other mbid tag data e.g. for track and artist etc. seems to be correct. But I do vaguely remember a user having had this particular tag corruption before, so could be interesting to know what happened for you.

EDIT: Another user with simlar tagging issue here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2804475
Good advice from me in that thread too, so have a read.
(2019-05-24, 17:34)DaveBlake Wrote: @chrisryan43 I have checked your db (and hidden the link so only mods can see it) and you have a problem with your music file tagging. What software did you use to tag these files?

Anyway you need to fix the tagging of the 2805 music files that, instead of having a valid mbid in the XXX: Musicbrainz Album Id tag, have the text "usicBrainz Album Id". This tag corruption is causing Kodi to see all the songs as belonging to the same album (with a mbid = "usicBrainz Album Id"). I can tell you the 715 folders effected if that helps.

Not sure what tagging software would have caused this problem, as the other mbid tag data e.g. for track and artist etc. seems to be correct. But I do vaguely remember a user having had this particular tag corruption before, so could be interesting to know what happened for you.

EDIT: Another user with simlar tagging issue here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2804475
Good advice from me in that thread too, so have a read.

Thank you so so much. I stripped out all of the MBID tags and all good now. My collection became very messed up years ago and I tried using lots of different applications to fix it so it could have been any one of those that caused the issue although MusicBrainz Picard was one of the last things i used so not sure what could have caused the corruption since then.

Thanks again
Somebody needs to explain that you don't quote when you're replying to something just above your post. Otherwise we'll have to read it twice, won't we? The Great Full-Quote War of 1657 was started by someone just like you.
[font][font]Tôi nghĩ lỗi này là do bộ sưu tập của bạn lộn xộn và sử dụng nhiều ứng dụng khác nhau để khắc phục, tuy nhiên mỗi ứng dụng sẽ tạo ra nhiều tệp bị thiếu hơn. [/font][font]Bạn nên xóa tất cả các ứng dụng đã được cài đặt vì nó có thể là nguyên nhân gây ra lỗi.[/font][/font]
I think this error is because your collection is messy and uses many different applications to fix it, however each application will generate more missing files. You should delete all applications that have been installed because it may be the cause of the error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database corruption - Musicbrainz Album Id tagging corrupted0