v18 Is there a way to get program fan art for EPG
How can I get tv show posters/fanart to show in the EPG?  Does anyone have that working?
Do you use Schedules Direct for your EPG?
(2019-05-28, 17:55)elsmandino Wrote: Do you use Schedules Direct for your EPG?

No, but I can.   Smile  Is this supported with SD?
nextpvr supports this
It does indeed - I use it and get a piece of fan art for every EPG entry.

As the_other_guy says, it natively works with NPVR (which I used many moons ago) and it will work with TVH, but a with a little more tinkering to set up.

See Em Smith's comment in the following:

https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/22...=1&r=33911

This is a slightly modified version of the Schedules Direct grabber and works perfectly.
(2019-05-29, 11:57)elsmandino Wrote: It does indeed - I use it and get a piece of fan art for every EPG entry.

As the_other_guy says, it natively works with NPVR (which I used many moons ago) and it will work with TVH, but a with a little more tinkering to set up.

This is a slightly modified version of the Schedules Direct grabber and works perfectly.

Thanks!  Can you give me an example of what this allows over say the stock sd grabber or file grabber?  I notice in my setup now that when I scroll through the EPG some art is shown in the description area.  Sometimes that is a screenshot from the show, sometimes it is fan art.  It will take some doing to get this new grabber working in my docker container and I don't want to mess with that unless it really enables a scenario I want.  Make sense?
(2019-05-29, 17:05)rykr Wrote:
(2019-05-29, 11:57)elsmandino Wrote: It does indeed - I use it and get a piece of fan art for every EPG entry.

Thanks!  Can you give me an example of what this allows over say the stock sd grabber or file grabber?  I notice in my setup now that when I scroll through the EPG some art is shown in the description area.  Sometimes that is a screenshot from the show, sometimes it is fan art.  It will take some doing to get this new grabber working in my docker container and I don't want to mess with that unless it really enables a scenario I want.  Make sense? 
Unfortunately, I have used the modified grabber for so long that that I cannot actually remember what the specific benefits are.

Off the top of my head, I think that it allows the removal of short news updates from the EPG of films (if you are in the UK, the 5-minuted news on Channel 5 in the middle of the film sometimes means that only the first half gets recorded).

There are also some differences in terms of Episode and Season numbers, so you have more control (with TVH) in terms of recording exactly what you want and avoiding duplicates.

I would definitely double check on the TVH forums - as you say, you don't want to go with something new unless you really are going to get some major benefit out of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to get program fan art for EPG0