Creating giant movie set with hundreds of movies
What is the easiest way to create movie set with few hundred movies at once? What I am trying to do is put all of my animated shorts in sets by studio. For example, Looney Tunes would be one set and Disney would be another. Is there a way to add all my files to the set at once? I see in the wiki this.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets#Creati...Movie_Sets
This is hard because I am still going through a list of hundreds of movies and need to click on each title. I’m looking more for an add this entire folder approach like with smart playlists. I am also aware that the TV Database has sets of animated shorts listed but that does not work for me.
I think the easiest way would be Smart playlists (wiki) instead of a Movie Set.

You will just need to find the common element that will enable you to collate all the titles. Sounds like Studio will be that element.

Depending on which skin you are using, you can then add the playlist as a sub-menu of movies, or you can even create a new main menu item to access all your animated playlists. Similar to what I have done for "Universes" here...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Right now I'm using kodi 18 estuary mod. I'm using smart play lists to section off movies from each other in the main menu. It's not possible to have the play list show up in the library the same way a set does, is it?
(2019-05-27, 11:27)uVSthem Wrote: Right now I'm using kodi 18 estuary mod. I'm using smart play lists to section off movies from each other in the main menu. It's not possible to have the play list show up in the library the same way a set does, is it?
It's not possible.  Just wondering why you don't put eg Looney Tunes in tv shows?  I have a 'cartoons' section organised like that.
(2019-05-27, 11:31)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 11:27)uVSthem Wrote: Right now I'm using kodi 18 estuary mod. I'm using smart play lists to section off movies from each other in the main menu. It's not possible to have the play list show up in the library the same way a set does, is it?
It's not possible.  Just wondering why you don't put eg Looney Tunes in tv shows?  I have a 'cartoons' section organised like that. 
I have my animated shorts scraped as movies and keep them all in their own folder. The problem with using TVDB to scrape for animated shorts is that there are ton of them not listed there. The only way to scrape them is to use Universal Movie scraper. This is why I would like to keep them by studio as together as movie sets.
Given I think it's a horrible idea (and I'd use tv shows),  if it were me I'd scrape them in a fresh kodi (ie not to my existing library), export to separate (.nfo) files, use a script (python or batch) to insert set info in the .nfo's and then scrape the .nfo's.
In reality I wouldn't do that in a million years.
Another way would be to use smart playlists via path (starts with) - put all cartoon smart playlists in a folder, have a shortcut to that folder on the home screen.
Your 'Movies' would be a complete mess, but there's no actual reason to use that.  You could replace it with another smart playlist that excludes cartoons.

Whatever you choose won't be automatic.
Is there maybe any outside software that can load the Kodi database and then let select all the shorts where I can check a box for them all at once that will put them in a set?

This add-on let you do it for one movie at a time. If I could batch edit files then I'd be set.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XWMM
Not that I'm aware of. 
Doesn't mean there isn't of course.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess to do what I want to do I'm going to have to just add each short to it's set one by one.
Ouch.
You could use Ember Media Manager. Once it has imported all media, you can easily create a new movie set from there and add multiple movies at once.
It will modify or create all the nfo files so Kodi can import them including the movie set info, or else you can link Ember to Kodi so it can be done realtime.
It will also allow you to set the artwork for your collection and manage your collection later if you want to move things around.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2019-05-27, 17:23)uVSthem Wrote: Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess to do what I want to do I'm going to have to just add each short to it's set one by one.

Two comments...

1. Add your first animated short to the Set. Close Kodi then whiz down the Set column in the database and add the Set ID to all the other shorts.

2. Currently there is a bug in Kodi relating to reading NFO Files. NFO Files from Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos and Music can be scanned into any part of the video library. So your movie nfo files for your animated shorts can be read into the TV Show library. All you need to do is rename the video and nfo file to tv show conventions... eg Bugs Bunny S01E01
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-27, 17:44)PH-SYM Wrote: You could use Ember Media Manager. Once it has imported all media, you can easily create a new movie set from there and add multiple movies at once.
It will modify or create all the nfo files so Kodi can import them including the movie set info, or else you can link Ember to Kodi so it can be done realtime.
It will also allow you to set the artwork for your collection and manage your collection later if you want to move things around.

In other words, I can import library from Kodi and then modify it using Ember? I always thought Ember had to scrape the data and then Kodi would import it using local nfo only scraping.
one way would be with simple playlist you would still need to do it one at a time
https://kodi.tv/addon/music-add-ons-pict...eplaylists
Add local media (video/audio/images) and add-on content to playlists while browsing/watching your media. To use this addon you have to map the following command to a key: "RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)". More Info: forum.xbmc.org
(2019-05-27, 22:15)uVSthem Wrote: In other words, I can import library from Kodi and then modify it using Ember? I always thought Ember had to scrape the data and then Kodi would import it using local nfo only scraping.
No, you have to scrape them indeed, but if the movies are already scraped in Kodi, you can export them from Kodi to individual nfo files which Ember will use when scraping.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating giant movie set with hundreds of movies0