Server WMC cant skip recorded TV
Ever since I upgraded to Kodi v18.x on my Nvidia Shields I can no longer skip live TV that is currently being recorded or completed recordings. It worked fine in version 17, I have to fast forward and sometimes if I fast forward something that is currently being recorded it will just freeze. This is a daily battle and extremely frustrating, why have we gone backwards in usability and functionality?

Does anyway have a solution or should I just go buy the latest HDHomeruns and use the HDHomerun add-in in Kodi? No doubt that will have it's own issues as well.
I am not aware of this problem until now, so I can't say whether a solution exists.  Do you know if this problem only happens on the shield?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2019-05-30, 17:31)krustyreturns Wrote: I am not aware of this problem until now, so I can't say whether a solution exists.  Do you know if this problem only happens on the shield?

I'm not sure. I only have Nvidia shields around the house, would there be any settings in the config that may help?

A bit more info, if I do skip ahead it will skip back to the start. If I then fast forward instead of skipping and then stop the recording I can sometimes skip to approx the point I've watched and sometimes I press skip after fast forwarding a bit and it will take me back to the start of the recording.
Post your serverwmc log to pastebin.com so I can see how you have it configured.  To keep its size down restart it before you post it.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I had that problem when running older version of serverWMC software., Check the web site for the new version for Kodi 18 as the older version (mine was two behind) would not tell you you needed to upgrade.

In my case i did not have the skip buttons any more in Kodi 18 and my remote buttons did not work.
in your first post that's kind of what you said, but in the second it seems you can skip just not well. The only time i have seen what you described in that second post is when the recording has dropouts in the signal while recording and it gets lost in the time line because of the dropouts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Server WMC cant skip recorded TV0