Attention Team Kodi: Keymap Editor has been abandoned
Manually make a keymap (wiki). The details are on the wiki.

There isn't any other addon for it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you but Keymap editor was useful to find out the keyid

Example

I press Rec on my mce remote and found out that was key is 232

Via keymap editor was possible to associate the key to a command

Or once key id was known to edit keymap xml like

Code:
<key id="24">runscript(script.audio.profiles,0)</key>

I don't understand how to hnow which key id is a button

Example mce button Eject Which key id is ?
(2020-03-14, 18:05)Roby77 Wrote: Example mce button Eject Which key id is ?

34 according to the wiki.  https://kodi.wiki/?title=Using_a_Microso...tton_codes
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@Roby77 Turn on Debug logging and you should be able to see the keypress in the log file.
(2020-03-14, 18:14)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-03-14, 18:05)Roby77 Wrote: Example mce button Eject Which key id is ?

34 according to the wiki.  https://kodi.wiki/?title=Using_a_Microso...tton_codes

Thank you!
(2020-03-14, 18:16)FXB78 Wrote: @Roby77 Turn on Debug logging and you should be able to see the keypress in the log file.

Good!

Thank for your suggestion Wink
i tried

enabled debug logging + tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

but i don't catch the key id

i see this in the log

2020-03-26 14:38:21.920 T:693   DEBUG: LIRC: - NEW a1 0 KEY_EJECTCD devinput (KEY_EJECTCD)
2020-03-26 14:38:21.964 T:689   DEBUG: HandleKey: config (0xeb) pressed, action is EjectTray()
2020-03-26 14:38:23.612 T:693   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 8 times.

but i want to catch key id, i don't see it

ps:tried and eject id is not 34
Mine shows "HandleKey: 251 (0xfb, obc4) pressed, action is info" where 0xfb is hexadecimal for 251. So going by that logic I'd suggest your hex figure of 0xeb which is 235 decimal is the value you need.

Strange that your log doesn't give the decimal figure, however if you map key 235 it should hopefully work Smile
thank You perfect!
Sorry to necro this thread, but seeing as how the add-on appears to be gone, can anyone help me re-map the home button on my Amazon TV Fire Stick remote to open Kodi instead? I can't make sense of the XML file. Thank you.
(2020-08-23, 00:05)nibiyabi Wrote: Sorry to necro this thread, but seeing as how the add-on appears to be gone, can anyone help me re-map the home button on my Amazon TV Fire Stick remote to open Kodi instead? I can't make sense of the XML file. Thank you.
The Kodi keymap only works when Kodi is running, you'd have to look on Android forums to see if there's a way to map a key in the Android OS.
You'd be better asking stuff like that in an Android or FireStick forum.

It's outside of Kodi, so somewhat beyond what we support here. There are various launchers etc for FireStick which might help, but they are entirely 3rd party to us and not supported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
OK, just because this thread popped back up, I'll mention that I'm going to take a look at what it will take to bring this over to Matrix (and update it properly for Leia). No promises, but I've reached out to the original author to confirm that they aren't intending to continue supporting it so I (or a group of someones) can take over maintenance.
OK, I've got some initial work done on an update for Leia and Matrix. I posted something in the Keymap Editor thread about it, and I'd suggest we take any further discussion over there.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2972653

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attention Team Kodi: Keymap Editor has been abandoned0