Wrong channel in KODI, but correct in WMC
The channel guide is off in Kodi.  When I play live-tv: Channel 297 I get (H&I)... Not a local channel (WXYZ Marked 297). 
On my Windows7-computer running 'ServerWMC' and WMC I can play the real station 'WXYZ' and it records the real station.

So I thought I might solve this by upgrading everything.  I upgraded to Kodi-18-Leia.  And the latest ServerWMC.  But nope that didn't do it.  Same.  I just pointed out one channel problem.  I confirmed other channels have the same issue.  I can click on other channels.  Some don't come up because they are not there.  It's like the DB is pulling from the wrong spot.
Usually this problem is due to a problem in wmc.  To check, go into WMC setup, tv, guide then find and select the problem channel in the list. Click the edit sources option and look down at the bottom of the source list.  Is the incorrect channel that you see in kodi at the bottom of the list?  If so disable it.  Serverwmc uses the bottom of the sources list for live tv streams, wmc starts at the top.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2019-05-31, 17:38)krustyreturns Wrote: Usually this problem is due to a problem in wmc.  To check, go into WMC setup, tv, guide then find and select the problem channel in the list. Click the edit sources option and look down at the bottom of the source list.  Is the incorrect channel that you see in kodi at the bottom of the list?  If so disable it.  Serverwmc uses the bottom of the sources list for live tv streams, wmc starts at the top.

That was it... There were 4 sources for many (if not all channels, I haven't checked all).  For channel 297 It had two sources for Channel 297, and two for channel 1135 ... or some number like that.  Xfininty has gone crazy with how many channels we get now. There are like hundreds.  If not a thousand. 

Is there some reset that would reset these?  So I don't have fix the sources on all of them manually.
(2019-05-31, 17:38)krustyreturns Wrote: Usually this problem is due to a problem in wmc.  To check, go into WMC setup, tv, guide then find and select the problem channel in the list. Click the edit sources option and look down at the bottom of the source list.  Is the incorrect channel that you see in kodi at the bottom of the list?  If so disable it.  Serverwmc uses the bottom of the sources list for live tv streams, wmc starts at the top.

So the 2nd two sources are generally like some kind-of repeater HD-Station.  For instance X-finity gives us channel 138 and 378 (Hallmark) which seems to be the same channel.  I'm not sure why.  The other ones were supposed to be the same channels as well. Was the quality supposed to be higher on the bigger number?  I dunno. 

But on some of these they are just the wrong channel.
Some users have reported success by redoing the wmc setup to get rid of this extraneous data, but that seems painful to me.  Another option is to configure serverwmc to take the channel sources from the top of the list like wmc, but there are significant downsides to this.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong channel in KODI, but correct in WMC0