• 14(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-16, 15:41)bsoriano Wrote: that screenshot is not from Amber. You can have two widgets show at the same time enabling the option "Show two shelves together" in Amber Settings.

Owh! It's similar and I thought is the same, sorry and thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-16, 15:35)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 18:30)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , both things done in Git (text ratings moved to the end of the list, ratings bar starts where plot text starts).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you very much! You're great!
I like the tall list and new position/align of ratings/certificates and media flags and option to enabler thumbnail if user like.
(maybe this is too much from my part, but I think the top and bottom of Brazil certificate is not the same (I can't notice this on PC, but in my TV, that's have a more large screen, I can))

The only new thing I haves to suggest in video info is show movie tagline too in plot when it is clicked, and make the info menu (director, writers...) have a infinite scrolling (maybe an option to enable/disaber too) (look how you in and out this section, how you navegate in it and I think you will agree with me).

The "bugs" I found:
  • In some Tv show like Black Mirror, which are anthologies, and there's no character fixed, this space be empty. Suggestion, put banner;
  • When I change the view type of a season or episodes they don't change for the others Tv shows (just change a few). This also happend in add-ons, and I think in all view type;
  • Sometimes this text with next episode show, look
I don't know but this don't show all the time and not with all TV show. What I suggest is show next episode text (if have) after having passed 3 seconds in a Tv show selected (or maybe, again, an option to enabler/disabler this).

Thanks!  
@edjalmo , thanks for continuing to test and use Amber! I think it´s a good idea when there is no cast to show the banner for TV shows, I will implement that shortly.  As for the "infinite scrolling" )a wraplist in skinning), I tried it, but did not like how it looked.  I will try again and see if I can improve how it looks.  If not, it will remain as is.

I don't know what is happening with views not remaining the same for all of your tv shows, and I don't know how I could manage that from the skin side.

In regards to the "Next Episode" text, it shows up if any of your tv shows has a next episode (this is provided by tv show next aired addon).  I don't plan to make this optional.  If the information is wrong for any of your tv shows, please check the settings of the tv show next aired addon (it's a program addon), and make sure you are using the kodi repo version of the addon, not the one from marcelveldt's beta repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-16, 05:16)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 04:26)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I think there should be a difference when the textures are packed.  I don't know how much, though, or if that is the only thing that is different between other skins and Amber right now.  I have not done any tests with PKC yet; tomorrow I will get to that.

As for the movie genre and country icons, yes, if you select an image resource addon for those in Amber Settings, Advanced, you should be able to see them whenever you browse movies by Genre or by Country, and you will see them in widgets as well.

I won't add an image resource addon for the media flags at this time.  It would mean a lot of changes and rearranging of screens to account for different flag formats and sizes.  I am not saying I will not do this in the future, just not at this time.

Thanks again for your kind words and for continuing to use Amber.

Regards,

Bart 
OK Bart no worries, it will be good to see how you get on with PKC.

I will give the movie genre icons and country flag icons another try.

I get why you don't want to do the media flags yet, plenty of more important stuff to do for the moment, I'm not sure i would even use the coloured icons as the current ones do look good.
Would be nice to try them out at some point in the future though.

The Widget I am using for recently added tv is not a PKC widget no.

I don't use the PKC widget for recently added TV because it cannot stack episodes into seasons, but the "default" or "additional" widgets do show recently added as grouped/stacked. ( There is an option for this in skin helper )

ImageImage

Both the PKC widgets "on deck" and "recently added" show the writing at the bottom of each poster (SxxExx) so maybe you could copy the code from them and just change it to Season 1, Season 2 etc..

Sounds easy to me lol Rofl

Thanks Bart, Appreciate you considering it. 
@treboR2Robert , I will see what I can do.  The text at the bottom of the poster is Amber's.  I will look into this today.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Just a small update on what I will be looking at next, so you know what to expect.

1. Some requests for changes in the video info dialog.  These will be the last changes I do for this screen before merging this version with current Amber for Leia.
2. Integration with PKC (basically testing on my part).
3. Possible changes to the recently added episodes widgets.
4. @Mr. V has been kind enough to point out where the source of the "lag" for widgets and menu option transitions is.  The changes I will be taking on for the widgets are massive for me, but I understand their necessity.  This will take me a while, most likely 1 -2 weeks.  During this time, I will not be providing any other changes to the skin.

Given 4. above, I think it would be best if you pull tonight whatever changes I publish to Git today, and then don't update again from Git until I let you know that I am finished with the widgets work, since the skin might be broken or things will not function correctly while I am working on this.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-16, 18:43)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Just a small update on what I will be looking at next, so you know what to expect.

1. Some requests for changes in the video info dialog.  These will be the last changes I do for this screen before merging this version with current Amber for Leia.
4. @Mr. V has been kind enough to point out where the source of the "lag" for widgets and menu option transitions is.  The changes I will be taking on for the widgets are massive for me, but I understand their necessity.  This will take me a while, most likely 1 -2 weeks.  During this time, I will not be providing any other changes to the skin.

Given 4. above, I think it would be best if you pull tonight whatever changes I publish to Git today, and then don't update again from Git until I let you know that I am finished with the widgets work, since the skin might be broken or things will not function correctly while I am working on this.

Regards,

Bart
As of late, I have noticed that recently added movies are no longer appearing on the left after scanning for new movies. Newer movies are on the right out of site. What have I done and how can I fix this. Please

Thanks
(2019-06-16, 20:32)timmins Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
As of late, I have noticed that recently added movies are no longer appearing on the left after scanning for new movies. Newer movies are on the right out of site. What have I done and how can I fix this. Please

Thanks 
@timmins, I don't have enough info to properly diagnose this.  What specific widget are you using? Default? if Additional, which in particular? two shelves together, one shelf? Please let me know so I can try to reproduce.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-16, 18:36)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 05:16)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 04:26)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I think there should be a difference when the textures are packed.  I don't know how much, though, or if that is the only thing that is different between other skins and Amber right now.  I have not done any tests with PKC yet; tomorrow I will get to that.

As for the movie genre and country icons, yes, if you select an image resource addon for those in Amber Settings, Advanced, you should be able to see them whenever you browse movies by Genre or by Country, and you will see them in widgets as well.

I won't add an image resource addon for the media flags at this time.  It would mean a lot of changes and rearranging of screens to account for different flag formats and sizes.  I am not saying I will not do this in the future, just not at this time.

Thanks again for your kind words and for continuing to use Amber.

Regards,

Bart 
OK Bart no worries, it will be good to see how you get on with PKC.

I will give the movie genre icons and country flag icons another try.

I get why you don't want to do the media flags yet, plenty of more important stuff to do for the moment, I'm not sure i would even use the coloured icons as the current ones do look good.
Would be nice to try them out at some point in the future though.

The Widget I am using for recently added tv is not a PKC widget no.

I don't use the PKC widget for recently added TV because it cannot stack episodes into seasons, but the "default" or "additional" widgets do show recently added as grouped/stacked. ( There is an option for this in skin helper )

ImageImage

Both the PKC widgets "on deck" and "recently added" show the writing at the bottom of each poster (SxxExx) so maybe you could copy the code from them and just change it to Season 1, Season 2 etc..

Sounds easy to me lol Rofl

Thanks Bart, Appreciate you considering it.   
@treboR2Robert , I will see what I can do.  The text at the bottom of the poster is Amber's.  I will look into this today.

Regards,

Bart  
@treboR2Robert , I liked your idea of episode widgets showing the season poster and not the tv show poster, so I went ahead and made that change.  It is already on Git.  If there is no season poster, it will display the tv show poster.  For the widgets where episodes are grouped, the label will now be "Season xx" (skin helper already provides this label).  For single episodes, the label remains the same (SxxExx).

I think this is kind of what you were looking for.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-16, 18:30)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 15:35)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 18:30)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , both things done in Git (text ratings moved to the end of the list, ratings bar starts where plot text starts).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you very much! You're great!
I like the tall list and new position/align of ratings/certificates and media flags and option to enabler thumbnail if user like.
(maybe this is too much from my part, but I think the top and bottom of Brazil certificate is not the same (I can't notice this on PC, but in my TV, that's have a more large screen, I can))

The only new thing I haves to suggest in video info is show movie tagline too in plot when it is clicked, and make the info menu (director, writers...) have a infinite scrolling (maybe an option to enable/disaber too) (look how you in and out this section, how you navegate in it and I think you will agree with me).

The "bugs" I found:
  • In some Tv show like Black Mirror, which are anthologies, and there's no character fixed, this space be empty. Suggestion, put banner;
  • When I change the view type of a season or episodes they don't change for the others Tv shows (just change a few). This also happend in add-ons, and I think in all view type;
  • Sometimes this text with next episode show, look
I don't know but this don't show all the time and not with all TV show. What I suggest is show next episode text (if have) after having passed 3 seconds in a Tv show selected (or maybe, again, an option to enabler/disabler this).

Thanks!   
@edjalmo , thanks for continuing to test and use Amber! I think it´s a good idea when there is no cast to show the banner for TV shows, I will implement that shortly.  As for the "infinite scrolling" )a wraplist in skinning), I tried it, but did not like how it looked.  I will try again and see if I can improve how it looks.  If not, it will remain as is.

I don't know what is happening with views not remaining the same for all of your tv shows, and I don't know how I could manage that from the skin side.

In regards to the "Next Episode" text, it shows up if any of your tv shows has a next episode (this is provided by tv show next aired addon).  I don't plan to make this optional.  If the information is wrong for any of your tv shows, please check the settings of the tv show next aired addon (it's a program addon), and make sure you are using the kodi repo version of the addon, not the one from marcelveldt's beta repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I centered the certification flag as best as I could, the tv show banner is now displayed (if present) if there is no cast, and the list on the right now has "infinite scrolling" as you call it.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-16, 21:41)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I liked your idea of episode widgets showing the season poster and not the tv show poster, so I went ahead and made that change.  It is already on Git.  If there is no season poster, it will display the tv show poster.  For the widgets where episodes are grouped, the label will now be "Season xx" (skin helper already provides this label).  For single episodes, the label remains the same (SxxExx).

I think this is kind of what you were looking for.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Hi Bart,

I just tried the latest from Git and there is still no label being shown on the recently added widget.
Also it still shows the show poster rather than season poster.
I tried all 4 Recently added widgets 

The 1's from "default widgets" and "additional widgets" show no label at all and the show poster not season poster.
The 1 from "video library" doesn't stack/group the episodes and doesn't show "season posters" but does show SxxExx on the individual episodes.
The 1 from "video library" that is PKC shows both the label and the season poster but does not Stack/Group the episodes.

I can't find any other settings anywhere that would change this ?
(2019-06-16, 21:44)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I centered the certification flag as best as I could, the tv show banner is now displayed (if present) if there is no cast, and the list on the right now has "infinite scrolling" as you call it.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Looks good Big Grin

Regards,

Bart

That's interesting you have found something, Thanks @Mr. V 

What's wrong with it ? tell me it's too complicated to explain if you like lol, I imagine it is anyway Rofl

1-2 weeks is no time at all, I am happy to wait. Does that mean you are going to hold off uploading to the kodi repository until you have solved the lag problem ?

Thanks
Rob
(2019-06-16, 21:44)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I centered the certification flag as best as I could, the tv show banner is now displayed (if present) if there is no cast, and the list on the right now has "infinite scrolling" as you call it.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks you very much! It's perfect!
I have two more things too say (one suggestion and one "bug" in some TV show poster), but I will telling just later, after you you fix this things you mentioned before.
Thanks again!

(2019-06-16, 21:41)bsoriano Wrote: For the widgets where episodes are grouped, the label will now be "Season xx" (skin helper already provides this label).
I already have recent add TV show and in progress TV widgets, but I'm not getting this labels. I have to change some settings?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
@bsoriano 

I found the page showing all my movie genres with the icons Big Grin

I cannot find anywhere at all though that the country icons are displayed.
(2019-06-16, 15:39)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 02:53)treboR2Robert Wrote: Image

@treboR2Robert how can I separate two widgets this way? 

As @bsoriano said, this is not kodi or amber.

Well it kind of is Kodi in a way because it is from Rasplex / OpenPHT which is built on kodi.

Again as Bart said you can have it look basically the same as this using the option in amber "display 2 shelves together".
(2019-06-16, 23:34)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

I found the page showing all my movie genres with the icons Big Grin

I cannot find anywhere at all though that the country icons are displayed.

@treboR2Robert , you can acces it going to Movies, Browse, Countries.  You can also set it up as a widget, Video Library, Movies, Countries, Use as widget.  The following images should show this:

https://imgur.com/a/c7VaWxi

Regards,

Bart
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1