• 22(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
Hi Bart,

I have been looking through the skin helper widget code and think I have found what needs editing to fix the problem below.

(2019-06-19, 22:25)treboR2Robert Wrote: I have noticed a little bug on the "recently added episodes" widget that you modded for us.

I have added star trek season 3 recently

It shows on recently added as 1 item with the season 3 season poster and the season 3 label.

But when I click on it, instead of opening Season 3 it just starts playing the last episode of season 3.

Unfortunately I don't really have any idea what to do with the code.
This is what I found anyway.

Do you have any idea ? Or anyone else reading this ?

Appreciate anyones help, it would be good to get this fixed.

Thanks
Rob
(2019-06-22, 01:16)treboR2Robert Wrote: I have noticed a little bug on the "recently added episodes" widget that you modded for us.

It shows on recently added as 1 item with the season 3 season poster and the season 3 label.

But when I click on it, instead of opening Season 3 it just starts playing the last episode of season 3.

You enable skin helper service widgets to group episodes? Because if yes I think this is ok. Because you're using a widget of episode and not of season.
For that you want you have to use recently added TV shows widget. Or I understand wrong?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
List not working especially when adding new addons. It doesn't offer any choice anymore. How can I turn it back on. I find list give more content than icons.

Thanks
(2019-06-21, 19:28)edjalmo Wrote: I noticed that if you add a widget that have no content (like all movies watched and you add unwatched movies) you can't navegate by all other widgets (they mess up navigation).

@bsoriano I checked in Aura and this doesn't happen there. The solution is no show a widget that have no content. See if you can implement this.
(2019-06-22, 20:22)timmins Wrote: List not working especially when adding new addons. It doesn't offer any choice anymore. How can I turn it back on. I find list give more content than icons.

Thanks

@timmins, could you please be more specific on what the issue is? What are you trying to do that is not happening? Can you post a screenshot of the situation? That way I know where to look. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-22, 22:15)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-21, 19:28)edjalmo Wrote: I noticed that if you add a widget that have no content (like all movies watched and you add unwatched movies) you can't navegate by all other widgets (they mess up navigation).

@bsoriano I checked in Aura and this doesn't happen there. The solution is no show a widget that have no content. See if you can implement this.

@edjalmo, thanks for the suggestion. My implementation of widgets is very different from Aura's. The creator of Aura gave me some advice on how to solve the issue. I am working on that, but it will take a while to do.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-22, 03:27)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 01:16)treboR2Robert Wrote: I have noticed a little bug on the "recently added episodes" widget that you modded for us.

You enable skin helper service widgets to group episodes? Because if yes I think this is ok. Because you're using a widget of episode and not of season.
For that you want you have to use recently added TV shows widget. Or I understand wrong?

@edjalmo, yes, it seems logical that if you group the episodes, it would go to a season, but this does not happen. I think you are correct in that the addon is returning an episode and so it will play an episode.

While you could use a TV show widget, you would then be taken to browse all seasons, meaning you would have to navigate to the season from there.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-22, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: yes, it seems logical that if you group the episodes, it would go to a season, but this does not happen. I think you are correct in that the addon is returning an episode and so it will play an episode.

While you could use a TV show widget, you would then be taken to browse all seasons, meaning you would have to navigate to the season from there.

Regards,

Bart

Understand!

I don't know how skin code works but, is not possible create a condition to if skin helper service widgets group episodes are enable widget episodes will return seasons instead episodes?
(2019-06-23, 00:23)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: yes, it seems logical that if you group the episodes, it would go to a season, but this does not happen. I think you are correct in that the addon is returning an episode and so it will play an episode.

Regards,

Bart

Understand!

I don't know how skin code works but, is not possible create a condition to if skin helper service widgets group episodes are enable widget episodes will return seasons instead episodes?

That is certainly logical! Unfortunately, the addon does not provide me the id of the tvshow, which I could use to open the season.

Regards,

Bart
minor bug with Tall List.  When Tall List is selected the View Mode displayed is just "List" but should be "Tall List". It functions fine as the tall list so this is just cosmetic.

k
(2019-06-23, 04:07)jusjoken Wrote: minor bug with Tall List.  When Tall List is selected the View Mode displayed is just "List" but should be "Tall List". It functions fine as the tall list so this is just cosmetic.

k

@jusjoken , thanks for reporting that issue.  I just fixed it.  Please download the latest from Git and let me know if it now shows up correctly.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

It seems that I will have to rewrite the widgets code, as it looks like it is the only way to fix navigation when a widget has no content.  I am not sure how long this will take me.  I will continue fixing bugs while I am doing the re-write, and I will not push to Git any intermediate work on widgets, so you don't have to worry about Amber breaking while I am working on this.

However, I will not be considering any feature requests until I am done with the widgets.  I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-23, 16:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 04:07)jusjoken Wrote: minor bug with Tall List.  When Tall List is selected the View Mode displayed is just "List" but should be "Tall List". It functions fine as the tall list so this is just cosmetic.

k

@jusjoken , thanks for reporting that issue.  I just fixed it.  Please download the latest from Git and let me know if it now shows up correctly.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Works great.  Thanks for all the work you do and the responsiveness to requests.

k
(2019-06-23, 16:38)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

It seems that I will have to rewrite the widgets code, as it looks like it is the only way to fix navigation when a widget has no content.  I am not sure how long this will take me.  I will continue fixing bugs while I am doing the re-write, and I will not push to Git any intermediate work on widgets, so you don't have to worry about Amber breaking while I am working on this.

However, I will not be considering any feature requests until I am done with the widgets.  I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

The skin is pretty damn good as it is, so take your time with the widgets there is no rush.

I have been thinking about the bug that plays the last episode of the season rather than opening the season.

What really confuses me about it is,

In kodi settings I have the default click/select action as show information, so when i click a movie or episode instead of playing it takes you to the movie/tv info page where the cert, studio logo etc.. are.

The fact the recently added episode widget is acting like episodes rather than seasons kind of makes sense, but the fact that it doesn't even take you to the episode info page and just starts playing the last episode straight away seems weird.
Like it is just ignoring kodi's setting.

Just a thought anyway.

How's the other problem going with widgets with no content ?

Thanks Rob.
(2019-06-23, 22:27)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 16:38)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

The skin is pretty damn good as it is, so take your time with the widgets there is no rush.

I have been thinking about the bug that plays the last episode of the season rather than opening the season.

What really confuses me about it is,

In kodi settings I have the default click/select action as show information, so when i click a movie or episode instead of playing it takes you to the movie/tv info page where the cert, studio logo etc.. are.

The fact the recently added episode widget is acting like episodes rather than seasons kind of makes sense, but the fact that it doesn't even take you to the episode info page and just starts playing the last episode straight away seems weird.
Like it is just ignoring kodi's setting.

Just a thought anyway.

How's the other problem going with widgets with no content ?

Thanks Rob.

@treboR2Robert, my thought is that the widget is acting like that because it is provided by an addon. Unfortunately, I am not knowledgeable in Python to figure out how to change the addon.

For the widget with no content issue I started the rewrite of the widgets code. With the help provided by @jurialmunkey, I was able to solve the issue. However, I am just starting, since I can show only one widget fine. Now come the more complex parts of having multiple widgets and all the other options like double height widgets and showing two widgets together. It looks like I have a lot of learning to do.

Regards,

Bart
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1