• 12(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-14, 22:32)edjalmo Wrote: If gap don't work you could change the position for the end of right side. This way will not have this error due diferentes certifications sizes. Look:
In this image I also increased a little little bit of the rating size to better match with the other ratings sizes (IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, TMDB...). I wish I could say to you this exactly size, but I don't know how, sorry.
Anyway thanks for everything Smile 

This is a good idea i think
(2019-06-14, 20:53)Croneter Wrote: @bsoriano
PlexKodiConnect now has a limit to the number of items to show in widgets (standard is 30). This should speed things up greatly. But looking at the Aura skin and how fast it loaded everything previously anyway, there seems to be a way to not rely on a mechanism like that  Huh

@Croneter  I uninstalled Kodi on my PC today and done a fresh install with PKC 2.8.2

The new Movie on deck widget has speeded things up a lot on my PC, they load instantly now.
However the TV shows on deck widget still takes ages to load, is there defiantly noting you can do to optimize that ?

I had already set a limit (10) on the amount of items that widgets can load in amber's widget settings on my s912 (which did actually limit stuff)
I take it limiting the amount if items was not the only thing you did to speed up the Movie on deck widget ?

My PC is a quad core i7 so i was surprised that the delay is present even on here, I don't think it can have anything to do with processing power.

Also as you said using Aura even the old PKC Movie on deck widget loaded instantly and I had the same experience using Aeon Nox Silvo.

Hopefully @bsoriano  can work out why.

Thanks for looking into Smile

Rob
@Croneter 

I will do a fresh install on my s912 later and test the new Movie widget on there when @bsoriano has uploaded his latest work.
(2019-06-15, 00:16)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 22:32)edjalmo Wrote: If gap don't work you could change the position for the end of right side. This way will not have this error due diferentes certifications sizes. Look:
In this image I also increased a little little bit of the rating size to better match with the other ratings sizes (IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, TMDB...). I wish I could say to you this exactly size, but I don't know how, sorry.
Anyway thanks for everything Smile 

This is a good idea i think  
@edjalmo , @treboR2Robert I also think it is a good idea, thanks @edjalmo .  Please test the latest from Git.  I changed the position of the flag and increased the size.  I think it now looks almost exactly like the picture shared by @edjalmo Smile Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-15, 02:34)bsoriano Wrote: It might be on Monday when you see further changes, I am not sure how much time I will have this weekend to work on the skin.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks Bart, I noticed that your git was updated 2 hours ago, is there anything new there ?
(2019-06-15, 02:41)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 02:34)bsoriano Wrote: It might be on Monday when you see further changes, I am not sure how much time I will have this weekend to work on the skin.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks Bart, I noticed that your git was updated 2 hours ago, is there anything new there ? 
@treboR2Robert , at that time  I added certification flags for other countries and truly fixed the issue with the 0 votes.  Just now I uploaded the change of position and size for the certification flag, as suggested by @edjalmo .  Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-15, 03:01)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , at that time  I added certification flags for other countries and truly fixed the issue with the 0 votes.  Just now I uploaded the change of position and size for the certification flag, as suggested by @edjalmo .  Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Really good! Thank you!
Just two more things: I suggest align the begin of ratings with the beging of the text of plot (see the image I sended again). I noticed that you re-add the user rating in text style, I suggest kept in that place only movie info, like was in last update (keep ratings only in ratings positions) or at least move it to the end.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
@bsoriano 

I no longer see 0 votes Smile

Sorry to be a pain but can you centre the certificate under the studio logo ? Looks a bit weird as it is.

And also centre the media flags underneath the poster ?

Thank You

Some bugs I found:

In Progress TV Shows isn't sortable in the widget. It's sorted alphabetically in each setting.
I had to deactivate the Low List View, because all windows switched to Low List by themselves.
The widgets are very very slow, especially the Music Videos and the Addon Widgets.
I think the Title View for the Addon Widgets is the wrong format, because Movies and TV Shows from Netflix and Amazon are better shown in the Movie View.

LibreELEC 9.0.2. Rpi2.arm

Nethertheless a big big THANK YOU for keeping this skin alive!
(2019-06-15, 14:28)SHartwig Wrote: Some bugs I found:

In Progress TV Shows isn't sortable in the widget. It's sorted alphabetically in each setting.
I had to deactivate the Low List View, because all windows switched to Low List by themselves.
The widgets are very very slow, especially the Music Videos and the Addon Widgets.
I think the Title View for the Addon Widgets is the wrong format, because Movies and TV Shows from Netflix and Amazon are better shown in the Movie View.

@SHartwig, thank you for your feedback.

You are correct about the widget sort issue.  Thanks for pointing this out, I found the issue was there for all widgets, not just In Progress TV Shows.  Please try the latest from Git, I just fixed that issue.  You will, unfortunately, have to re-select the sort by and sort order for all your widgets.

I am not sure what is going on with Low List, I cannot reproduce this issue here.

In regards to music video widgets, are you using the Default Widgets? I provide 4 default music video widgets (recently added, in progress, random and unwatched) which are all based on playlists and show up instantly for me.  Please try one of those and let me know how it goes.  

In general, all of the Default Widgets are based either on playlists or the libraries themselves, so they should show up very quickly if not instantly, unless your library is extremely large.  

When you mention Addon widgets, you mean widgets based on addons, like skin helper service widgets or extendedinfo or video/music addons? If so, then I understand performance will be all over the place, since some addons are slower than others.

Thank you also for pointing out the issue with video addon widgets and the format being shown. I fixed this as well so that widgets for addons like Netflix or Amazon that sometimes report "mixed" as the content type, show posters and not icons.  This is also already on Git.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Thanks to @SHartwig , I found an issue with the sort by and sort order for all widgets.  The fix is already on Git, but unfortunately, you will have to re-select the sort by and sort order for all of your widgets in order to see the change.  I apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-15, 03:10)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 03:01)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , at that time  I added certification flags for other countries and truly fixed the issue with the 0 votes.  Just now I uploaded the change of position and size for the certification flag, as suggested by @edjalmo .  Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Really good! Thank you!
Just two more things: I suggest align the begin of ratings with the beging of the text of plot (see the image I sended again). I noticed that you re-add the user rating in text style, I suggest kept in that place only movie info, like was in last update (keep ratings only in ratings positions) or at least move it to the end. 
@edjalmo , both things done in Git (text ratings moved to the end of the list, ratings bar starts where plot text starts).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-15, 03:25)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

I no longer see 0 votes Smile

Sorry to be a pain but can you centre the certificate under the studio logo ? Looks a bit weird as it is.

And also centre the media flags underneath the poster ?

Thank You

@treboR2Robert , please test the latest from Git.  Both issues fixed.  The certification flag will not appear perfectly centered underneath all studio logos, due to the varying dimensions of the logos.  I centered it as much as I could.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-14, 21:12)timmins Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 15:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 14:13)edjalmo Wrote: Hi!
I personally I did not like it very much. The video info of this skin was not made thinking in thumbnail style, that's why is difficult to us think in something. That's why I suggest add an option to select between poster an thumbnail.
I liked it you first suggestion view, but it changes the design.
I think the only sollution is draw something for the background, because only repositioning the thumbnail, banner will not be good.
But this is my personal opinion.
Regards!  
@treboR2Robert , @edjalmo, thank you both for providing your ideas and suggestions to improve the info dialog for episodes.  I know it might not be what you expected, but I am just going to provide an option to show the thumbnail, centered on the left, or to show the season poster if available (or the tv show poster if not).  Feel free to mod the skin if you'd like!

I want to merge this version with the current Amber soon, so my focus now will be to complete the following (apart from what I mentioned above):

- Sort out the Votes when that info is not in the db
- Sort out the set my ratings issue
- Include some more certification flags for other countries
- Complete the "taller" List View and options

After that, I will merge the 3.2 version with the current one and upload to the Amber repo, and submit the new version to the Kodi repo.  Once that is done, I will close this thread and move back to the main thread for Amber for Leia.

I really appreciate your time and patience! Please keep providing your feedback and keep testing!

Regards,

Bart  
Yes its looking good, just one thing, the refresh between menu options needs to be increased. Sometime it takes 10 to 15 seconds to renew. This is on my shield box. 
@timmins, what exactly do you mean by the refresh between menu options? Please let me know so I know where to look.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-15, 17:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 14:28)SHartwig Wrote: Some bugs I found:

@SHartwig, thank you for your feedback.

You are correct about the widget sort issue.  Thanks for pointing this out, I found the issue was there for all widgets, not just In Progress TV Shows.  Please try the latest from Git, I just fixed that issue.  You will, unfortunately, have to re-select the sort by and sort order for all your widgets.

I am not sure what is going on with Low List, I cannot reproduce this issue here.

In regards to music video widgets, are you using the Default Widgets? I provide 4 default music video widgets (recently added, in progress, random and unwatched) which are all based on playlists and show up instantly for me.  Please try one of those and let me know how it goes.  

In general, all of the Default Widgets are based either on playlists or the libraries themselves, so they should show up very quickly if not instantly, unless your library is extremely large.  

When you mention Addon widgets, you mean widgets based on addons, like skin helper service widgets or extendedinfo or video/music addons? If so, then I understand performance will be all over the place, since some addons are slower than others.

Thank you also for pointing out the issue with video addon widgets and the format being shown. I fixed this as well so that widgets for addons like Netflix or Amazon that sometimes report "mixed" as the content type, show posters and not icons.  This is also already on Git.

Regards,

Bart 
Many thanks for the fixes. I am using now a Default Widget for Music Videos. It's much faster now. My Addon Widgets are Netflix Exported and Amazon Watchlist. Those both take a long time to appear. I think this is because of the login in the background. They didn't change very often, so for me it were OK, if they will be loaded only first time at the startup and after that showing a cached version. Perhaps it's possible to do so. It's OK, if not.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1