Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-07-05, 04:52)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 01:33)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have just pushed an update to Git.  This update has a substantial rewrite of all the shelves code (thank you so much @Mr. V  and @BobCratchett !).  Given how significant this was, there is always the possibility of bugs.

The biggest change should be that there is no issue anymore with navigation when a widget has no content.  Now, that widget just does not show up.

Other changes you will notice:
  • Double row shelves are no longer a global option, this is now a per-shelf option
  • Two shelves together is no longer a global option, this is now a per-menu item option
  • Hide shelves when not focused is now a per-menu item option

Apart from that, the functionality should be pretty much unchanged.

There is one minor issue I am still looking at, and that is that if you only have one widget, and you press Up while in that widget, there is a slight screen flicker.

Again, this was a significant re-write, so please test thoroughly and report everything you find that is not working as it was before.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart  

Update seems good Bart !

I done a complete reinstall of CoreELEC 9.0.3 and the latest PKC.

I like the new "per menu item" option for setting doubles shelves and two shelves together Big Grin

Couple of little bugs I noticed when setting the widgets.

1.  I set every menu option up in one go and occasionally after adjusting sub-menu items it would rebuild the skin and take me back to the main settings page which is fine, but when i went back in to adjust the menu some more it had changed some stuff back to default. Like I had already disabled a lot of menu items (weather etc..) but they were enabled again.

It seems fine now after setting them all again. I did do one at a time though.

2.  The option for how many items per widget sometimes showed "18" and sometimes showed the word "may" as the number before i changed it to 25 Huh

3.  I set shelf 1 to "On deck" and shelf 2 to "Recently Added" but they show the other way around on the menu (recently added as shelf 1 and on deck as shelf 2)

That's all I have noticed so far, ill report back if I notice anything else.

Do you think @Mr. V or @BobCratchett would be able to create a new "Recently Added Seasons" widget ?

Thanks again
Rob 
@treboR2Robert , thank you for reporting back so quickly.

As for the issues you mentioned:

1. I have not noticed that behavior, I will try in my setup and see if there are any issues with skinshortcuts.  If there are, your workaround (set up one at a time) will be the way to go.

2. The 18 is the default that I set for the widgets.  The "may" I have also seen, this has to do with me trying to have multiple default widgets per menu item for a better "out of the box" experience with the skin.  That functionality seems to be more trouble than it is worth, so I will remove it going forward.

3.  That is actually working as designed, and I apologize for not pointing it out.  Since the navigation between widgets is by pressing Up, the first widget will always be at the bottom, not at the top.  I realize that before, when using "Two shelves together", the first widget would be at the top; this was inconsistent with the widget navigation in all other scenarios.  Now, navigation is consistent no matter what options are chosen.

As for the Recently Added, I will be looking further at the addon and see if I can come up with a solution.  This will take me quite a while, since I have to learn Python to do it.  I am taking it as a personal challenge, though.  We'll see how it goes.

Again, thanks for testing.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts - by bsoriano - 2019-07-05, 14:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1