• 29(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-07-11, 00:54)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

After multiple requests, including the latest from @edjalmo (thanks for requesting!), I have replaced the current BigList view with one closer to what it was in the Jarvis version of the skin. 

While this view suits me just fine for all of my use cases, I know this is not necessarily the case for anybody else. Thus, please use and provide all of your feedback/suggestions/requests for changes to this view.  I will look at them all and let you know which ones I will do, based on my skill level and preferences.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
I thank YOU!
I like this view a lot!

The only thing I think is a little unwelcome is because with this view I get a lot of auto scrolling (I'm not a big fan). I thought in suggest remove the Season X * Episode X label, but it actually look good. I thought in decrease the space between labels too but don't liked very much this idea.
The only thing I can thought to suggest is decrease thumbnail size a bit and the space of episodes names list a little too, and make the width of plot a little more larger than thumbnail. Like this:
thumbnail
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot

Don't know for sure if this will look good like I'm thinking, only seeing to can say. My main point is with auto scrolling, if you or anyone can think in another thing to prevent this.

Another thing I noticed (not with big list view) and don't know if you can solve. Is about media flags. If one file don't have the media flags present in the sequence of skin the will show it but with empty space. Is possible to joint them and center even if one of it don't exist? 
See screenshots:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-11, 04:56)edjalmo Wrote: Another thing I noticed (not with big list view) and don't know if you can solve. Is about media flags. If one file don't have the media flags present in the sequence of skin the will show it but with empty space. Is possible to joint them and center even if one of it don't exist? 
See screenshots:
ImageImage 

+1 for this

I have noticed it myself and it does look odd
(2019-07-11, 04:56)edjalmo Wrote:

After multiple requests, including the latest from @edjalmo (thanks for requesting!), I have replaced the current BigList view with one closer to what it was in the Jarvis version of the skin. 

While this view suits me just fine for all of my use cases, I know this is not necessarily the case for anybody else. Thus, please use and provide all of your feedback/suggestions/requests for changes to this view.  I will look at them all and let you know which ones I will do, based on my skill level and preferences.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
I thank YOU!
I like this view a lot!

The only thing I think is a little unwelcome is because with this view I get a lot of auto scrolling (I'm not a big fan). I thought in suggest remove the Season X * Episode X label, but it actually look good. I thought in decrease the space between labels too but don't liked very much this idea.
The only thing I can thought to suggest is decrease thumbnail size a bit and the space of episodes names list a little too, and make the width of plot a little more larger than thumbnail. Like this:
thumbnail
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot

Don't know for sure if this will look good like I'm thinking, only seeing to can say. My main point is with auto scrolling, if you or anyone can think in another thing to prevent this.

Another thing I noticed (not with big list view) and don't know if you can solve. Is about media flags. If one file don't have the media flags present in the sequence of skin the will show it but with empty space. Is possible to joint them and center even if one of it don't exist? 
See screenshots:

@edjalmo, thanks! I understand about the auto scrolling. While I think it eventually is unavoidable, I will try some of your suggestions to improve this. I will also make sure that this plot box follows the skin setting of auto scrolling. If the setting is disabled, the plot will not scroll.

I will also see what I can do about the media flags.

Hopefully I will provide an updated version of the view later on today.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-11, 13:11)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 04:56)edjalmo Wrote: Another thing I noticed (not with big list view) and don't know if you can solve. Is about media flags. If one file don't have the media flags present in the sequence of skin the will show it but with empty space. Is possible to joint them and center even if one of it don't exist? 
See screenshots:
ImageImage 

+1 for this

I have noticed it myself and it does look odd

Agreed. I will see what I can do today.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-11, 13:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 04:56)edjalmo Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
I thank YOU!
I like this view a lot!

thumbnail
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot
plot plot plot plot

See screenshots:
ImageImage 

@edjalmo, thanks! I understand about the auto scrolling. While I think it eventually is unavoidable, I will try some of your suggestions to improve this. I will also make sure that this plot box follows the skin setting of auto scrolling. If the setting is disabled, the plot will not scroll.

I will also see what I can do about the media flags.

Hopefully I will provide an updated version of the view later on today.

Regards,

Bart 
@edjalmo, I have increased the plot width and height, and have changed the spacing between elements to get as much plot as possible within the design.  I will not reduce the width of the list items, this is a design preference of mine.  The plot also does not autoscroll unless you enable the option in Amber Settings, Media Views.  

As for the media flags, I found that I could not do much when flags are not present that did not mean a very large amount of visibility conditions and a lot more code, which in my opinion, is not worth it.  So what I did was change the order of the media flags, so that in the great majority of cases, there will be a flag at the left edge and at the right edge.  This way, you do not get that "oddness" of having the flags start in one place for an item and in a different one for another.

I understand this might not be exactly all that you were looking for; please test and let me know any additional feedback.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-11, 17:40)bsoriano Wrote: I have increased the plot width and height, and have changed the spacing between elements to get as much plot as possible within the design.  I will not reduce the width of the list items, this is a design preference of mine.  The plot also does not autoscroll unless you enable the option in Amber Settings, Media Views.  

As for the media flags, I found that I could not do much when flags are not present that did not mean a very large amount of visibility conditions and a lot more code, which in my opinion, is not worth it.  So what I did was change the order of the media flags, so that in the great majority of cases, there will be a flag at the left edge and at the right edge.  This way, you do not get that "oddness" of having the flags start in one place for an item and in a different one for another.

I understand this might not be exactly all that you were looking for; please test and let me know any additional feedback.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
Looks much better, and now I can disabled it if I want too! Thank you!
I understand about media flags. The new order looks better and when missing one too! Thanks again!
@bsoriano - I've tested everything that I can possibly think of in this version of the skin and I can't find any issues. Smile

Great work!

Shedrock
(2019-07-11, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I've tested everything that I can possibly think of in this version of the skin and I can't find any issues. Smile

Great work!

Shedrock
@shedrock, thanks!! Big Grin

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have included addtional information for movie sets in the video info dialog.  You should see something like this:

In order for this info to show up, you need to have installed a version of the addon script.skin.info.service that works with Leia.  As of right now, you can find one in my GitHub: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/scri...fo.service

The movies themselves are not clickable.  When Kodi Matrix is finalized, this screen will change so that when you click on any of the movies in the set, you get taken to the video info dialog for that particular movie.

When I merge this version of the skin with the current version, I will include the addon in the Amber repo, as well as including my modified version of skin.helper.widgets.

Please test this and let me know if it works well, since I have only been able to test this on a Matrix nightly.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have also added back the default shelves functionality.  When you do a reset all skin settings, your menu/submenu/shelves should rebuild with the same default configuration as current Amber for Leia.

Please test and let me know if it is working properly.  Thanks.

With this last bit, now I think this version is ready to be merged with the current one.  I plan on doing that this weekend.

Thank you all again for your patience and for your continued testing and use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-13, 00:07)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have included addtional information for movie sets in the video info dialog.  You should see something like this:

In order for this info to show up, you need to have installed a version of the addon script.skin.info.service that works with Leia.  As of right now, you can find one in my GitHub: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/scri...fo.service

The movies themselves are not clickable.  When Kodi Matrix is finalized, this screen will change so that when you click on any of the movies in the set, you get taken to the video info dialog for that particular movie.

When I merge this version of the skin with the current version, I will include the addon in the Amber repo, as well as including my modified version of skin.helper.widgets.

Please test this and let me know if it works well, since I have only been able to test this on a Matrix nightly.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart

Cool idea Bart, I don't actually use movie sets ATM and I'm not even sure if I can use them with PKC.

I think if i can though, i would rather just have the standard movie info page showing the actors.

Is this new feature optional ?

Thanks
Rob
(2019-07-13, 02:49)treboR2Robert Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Cool idea Bart, I don't actually use movie sets ATM and I'm not even sure if I can use them with PKC.

I think if i can though, i would rather just have the standard movie info page showing the actors.

Is this new feature optional ?

Thanks
Rob
@treboR2Robert, that screen would only show if you press Info for a movie set. The info dialog for single movies is unchanged.

Before this change, no info other than plot (if present) would show for a movie set.

Regards,

Bart

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

Regards,

Bart
I tested but here don't show anything.
I'm using Kodi 18.2 and installed your script.skin.info.service
Look:

I little doubt: when you put your version of skin.helper.widgets and script.skin.info.service together in Amber and the dev of this add-ons release an update, what happened with your versions?
(2019-07-13, 15:26)edjalmo Wrote:

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

Regards,

Bart
I tested but here don't show anything.
I'm using Kodi 18.2 and installed your script.skin.info.service
Look:

I little doubt: when you put your version of skin.helper.widgets and script.skin.info.service together in Amber and the dev of this add-ons release an update, what happened with your versions? 

@edjalmo , thank you for testing! Does your remote control have a button you can map to "Info"? I ask because I know that in Leia, there is no "Show Information" for Sets in the context menu.  I don't know how I can add this from a skin.  In Matrix "Show Info" is not there either for sets, but pressing "I" works.

As for the addons, I don't think there will be any new versions of script.skin.info.service, since it is not being maintained anymore by its author.  Skin Helper Widgets, on the other hand, might get updates.  If you want to keep my modded version, you would have to turn off automatic updates for that addon. This until I get around to submitting a PR for it and, if approved, it gets merged.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-13, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: Does your remote control have a button you can map to "Info"? I ask because I know that in Leia, there is no "Show Information" for Sets in the context menu.  I don't know how I can add this from a skin.  In Matrix "Show Info" is not there either for sets, but pressing "I" works.

I check here and "I" is already the show info shortcut. It work for movies but don't work for sets.
(2019-07-13, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: As for the addons, I don't think there will be any new versions of script.skin.info.service, since it is not being maintained anymore by its author.  Skin Helper Widgets, on the other hand, might get updates.  If you want to keep my modded version, you would have to turn off automatic updates for that addon. This until I get around to submitting a PR for it and, if approved, it gets merged.
This will work until the PR, but and for those don't use this forum. How do they will know?
If you change the release version number of add-on for one much more advanced would not work (until the PR)? Like, don't know, 10.0.0?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1