• 32(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
Also, when I was trying to better position of this button I try test diferent sizes of plot. In one of it (an really big) I could noticed that plot view don't have a scrollbar for this case and could not saw it all. I don't know if exist really big plots, but if you want fix this... (if was the case only show scrollbar when is required).
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-11, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: @Humdinger , after considering it, I will not be adding another option.  Right now when you pause (without pressing M), all you have on the screen is the seekbar at the top.  This is as minimalistic as I will go at this time.

Fair enough. I understand and appreciate you being frugal with options. Smile

One situation where the seekbar is in the way in pause mode (or when it's shown when playback is buffering), is when the display of "PlayerDebug" is activated.
I use that rather often to get low-level info of the played back source. If you're unfamiliar with it, ssh into your kodi machine and execute
kodi-send --action="PlayerDebug"

Is there any way for the Amber skin to move that text from the left top corner a bit down, so the lines aren't obscured by the seekbar?

Thanks!

Interested in a free, open source OS?
Get Haiku at https://www.haiku-os.org
(2019-07-14, 18:47)Humdinger Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: @Humdinger , after considering it, I will not be adding another option.  Right now when you pause (without pressing M), all you have on the screen is the seekbar at the top.  This is as minimalistic as I will go at this time.

Fair enough. I understand and appreciate you being frugal with options. Smile

One situation where the seekbar is in the way in pause mode (or when it's shown when playback is buffering), is when the display of "PlayerDebug" is activated.
I use that rather often to get low-level info of the played back source. If you're unfamiliar with it, ssh into your kodi machine and execute
kodi-send --action="PlayerDebug"

Is there any way for the Amber skin to move that text from the left top corner a bit down, so the lines aren't obscured by the seekbar?

Thanks! 
@Humdinger , unfortunately as a skinner I have no control where Kodi places the info from PlayerDebug.  I know it is not the same info, but if you press O you get player process info, which is not obscured by the seekbar.  I guess at some point I will redo the seekbar to be on the bottom and minimalistic, but that is way in the future right now.  My apologies for not being able to provide a solution for you.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-14, 18:41)edjalmo Wrote: Also, when I was trying to better position of this button I try test diferent sizes of plot. In one of it (an really big) I could noticed that plot view don't have a scrollbar for this case and could not saw it all. I don't know if exist really big plots, but if you want fix this... (if was the case only show scrollbar when is required).

@edjalmo , I will not be adding the image to any of the other views, since I could not make it work to only show if the text is longer than what fits in the box.  So, it will only be there for video info and sets info.

The textviewer does have a scrollbar.  You can't move to it, but it works if you press down or up.  It only appears if Kodi determines that it is necessary.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-14, 19:38)bsoriano Wrote: @Humdinger , unfortunately as a skinner I have no control where Kodi places the info from PlayerDebug.  I know it is not the same info, but if you press O you get player process info, which is not obscured by the seekbar.

The "Player Info" with 'O' would be OK for me, weren't it lacking the all important buffer info. Skipped frames would be nice, too...

Quote:I guess at some point I will redo the seekbar to be on the bottom and minimalistic, but that is way in the future right now.  My apologies for not being able to provide a solution for you.

I don't accept your apologies because I don't think any are warranted. Smile
Anyway, if anyone has an idea if there's some .xml that has the position of the PlayerDebug output that could be manipulated, I'm all ears.

Interested in a free, open source OS?
Get Haiku at https://www.haiku-os.org
(2019-07-14, 19:41)bsoriano Wrote: The textviewer does have a scrollbar.  You can't move to it, but it works if you press down or up.  It only appears if Kodi determines that it is necessary.

Sorry! I tested here again and saw that already have scrollbar. I confused myself. But this served me to see that if the last line of the plot view have a "g", "j" or "q" they will get a little cut. So increase the plot space just a little bit to solve this.
(2019-07-14, 19:41)bsoriano Wrote: I will not be adding the image to any of the other views, since I could not make it work to only show if the text is longer than what fits in the box.  So, it will only be there for video info and sets info.

I was thought that will work in this places the same way that are in video info dialog, because you can did this there.
It's a pity, but no problem! If you discover in the future how, you can test, but don't worry about this. Smile

Thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
Hello all,

I have just merged this version with the previous Amber for Leia version.  I have also updated the Amber repo, and will soon submit to the Kodi repo.  Given this, I will close this thread, since it is no longer necessary.  For any issues/bugs/requests, please use the regular Amber for Leia thread.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1