Is there an advantage to use all of the three nfo files?
Is there an advantage to use all of the three nfo files or the first two ones:

And what is the advantage of "Write clean NFO..."
The default file naming for NFO Files in Kodi is the first one.

The second one can be used, but there are requirements to use it (use the first one as there are no requirements)

Not sure why there is a third one as this naming should just be automatic if you use DVD or Bluray folders. That naming won't work anywhere else.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:The default file naming for NFO Files in Kodi is the first one.

The second one can be used, but there are requirements to use it (use the first one as there are no requirements)

What requirements? So the first one is really needed. And why not use the second one additionally?

Quote: Not sure why there is a third one as this naming should just be automatic if you use DVD or Bluray folders. That naming won't work anywhere else.
I have some copies of DVDs on the hard drive, with such VOB files, may be the third one is usable for these:

(2019-06-03, 22:20)Nerls Wrote: What requirements?
The default naming of artwork, in all cases, is the long format of <videofilename>-<artworktype>.ext eg... Blade Runner (1984)-poster.jpg
The default naming of NFO Files, in all cases, is the long format of <videofilename>.nfo eg... Blade Runner (1984).nfo

Short artwork names (eg... poster, fanart, etc), and the use of movie.nfo can be used and are scanned only when the following conditions are met...
  1. Movie Folders (wiki) are used
  2. Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen. (wiki)
  3. No corresponding artwork with long format names are present in that movie folder, as these take priority.
  4. movie.nfo has priority but still uses the standard NFO (wiki) naming of <videofilename>.nfo as a fallback.

(2019-06-03, 22:20)Nerls Wrote: I have some copies of DVDs on the hard drive, with such VOB files, may be the third one is usable for these:
I suppose so, but the developers will need to answer that as I don't know why it is an option. No other name will work in those folders, so it should just be automatic default, not a selectable option.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:The default naming of artwork, in all cases, is the long format of <videofilename>-<artworktype>.ext eg... Blade Runner (1984)-poster.jpg
The default naming of NFO Files, in all cases, is the long format of <videofilename>.nfo eg... Blade Runner (1984).nfo
Ah yes, when there is only a single folder containing all of the movies (so without a single folder for each movie), there must be unique file names.

Quote:Short artwork names (eg... poster, fanart, etc), and the use of movie.nfo can be used and are scanned only when the following conditions are met...

Movie Folders (wiki) are used
    Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen. (wiki)
    No corresponding artwork with long format names are present in that movie folder, as these take priority.
    movie.nfo has priority but still uses the standard NFO (wiki) naming of <videofilename>.nfo as a fallback.

Yes, my settings should match those requirements, I have a folder for each movie with the correct name. I am not sure if 3. matches all of the movie folders but if it wouldn't it should not make any problems, I would think. So if I use the first two nfo variants it should work, shouldn't it? But may be it very strongly could increase the amount of fan art, images, if they are downloaded for both of the nfo files.
(2019-06-03, 23:30)Nerls Wrote: Ah yes, when there is only a single folder containing all of the movies (so without a single folder for each movie), there must be unique file names.
Exactly!! Smile

(2019-06-03, 23:30)Nerls Wrote: . I am not sure if 3. matches all of the movie folders but if it wouldn't it should not make any problems,
Should not create any problem.

(2019-06-03, 23:30)Nerls Wrote: So if I use the first two nfo variants it should work, shouldn't it?
Yes, but having both there are pointless as Kodi will only read one. It may also cause problems in future if you have to edit a NFO File, and you end up editing the wrong one.

(2019-06-03, 23:30)Nerls Wrote: But may be it very strongly could increase the amount of fan art, images, if they are downloaded for both of the nfo files.
Nope, does not work that way. Artwork does not come from the NFO File, Artwork is a separate download to NFO creation.
My Signature
Quote:Yes, but having both there are pointless as Kodi will only read one. It may also cause problems in future if you have to edit a NFO File, and you end up editing the wrong one.
Yes, that is true. So may be - there already in some folders are the two nfo variants available - I then better should use the second version and check the option in TMM - I cannot find anymore at the moment - remove other nfo files.

Quote:Nope, does not work that way. Artwork does not come from the NFO File, Artwork is a separate download to NFO creation.
So the art work, images when checking the first nfo version is downloaded to the general movie folders containing all movies. And if checked the second version it is downloaded to the movie folder of each movie seperately, I guess. Well, my image cache is 62 GB big, so I just thought may be that is an option to resize it by removing some duplicate images or so.
(2019-06-04, 01:18)Nerls Wrote:
Quote:
So the art work, images when checking the first nfo version is downloaded to the general movie folders containing all movies. And if checked the second version it is downloaded to the movie folder of each movie seperately, I guess. Well, my image cache is 62 GB big, so I just thought may be that is an option to resize it by removing some duplicate images or so.
Sorry, I drifted into Kodi territory with my comment, so I will leave that for the TMM developers to answer.
My Signature
according to our version history, the third option came in 2014; I can't remember why we added this (have to talk to myron)..

@Nerls the artwork donwload is independent of the nfo setting and ALWAYS in the same folder as the video files; look at the artwork settings -> they are almost identical to the NFO settings and follow the same rules as for NFO files (in a multi movie folder you have to take the <video_filename> artwork name pattern; in a single movie folder you can take the short names)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Quote:Sorry, I drifted into Kodi territory with my comment, so I will leave that for the TMM developers to answer.
So I do not know what of the above mentioned refers to Kodi or to tMM, I guess, so sorry for asking again here.

Is there an advantage to use all of the three nfo files or the first two ones:

And what is the advantage of "Write clean NFO..."

The last one is for DVD copies on the drive? I have some copies of DVDs on the hard drive, with such VOB files, may be the third one is usable for these:

All my answers related to TMM, except my last comment where I told you it referred to Kodi. No need to ask again. Everything I told you is correct.
My Signature
Ah, sorry, I understand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an advantage to use all of the three nfo files?0