Suggestions for an advanced music library organizer
Hello all,

I'd like to organize my music library in a more advanced way:
  • Albums should be categorized in multiple ways (i.e. Folk and Seasonal at the same time)
  • List only partial "views" of the entire catalog (i.e. only bootlegs and no official releases)
  • This should be done with a configurable menu to make navigation easier
I've been looking for such an add-on, but couldn't find any so far.

Any suggestion highly welcome, thank you! Smile
Moved to music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Use Smartplaylists see https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Fields

You can use these to filter your music collection according to rules you define. So using your examples you could have Folk and Seasonal in either your genre or mood tags, and for bootlegs you could add a comment tag with "Bootleg" in it.
You can use Nodes as well for this. Pretty easy to do. See:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378
Just a note for users that may watch that youtube video. It is not a great example of the way to tag your music files. In the video, the user bulk tagged almost 400 albums with one click, thus blindly accepting whatever tags were found. It was obvious there were errors at the end of the tagging as songs titled [Unknown] were clearly visible.

You should tag album by album and check the correct album was identified for your release before saving tags.

Also, @alexson2015, I have removed your website link. We do not allow advertising of paid services.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions for an advanced music library organizer0