Default Playback Speed
It would be really nice if a playback speed (tempoup?) could be set as default in the settings menu somewhere so we can watch everything at "x" Speed. I made a messy add-on to handle this. Personally I watch everything at 1.10x and it makes no observable difference except for giving me 10% more time. To be quite specific, 1.12x is the maximum before I start noticing (tested with VLC) but the playback speed can not be fine tuned in Kodi currently, I'm sure this value will be different for a lot of people. Make this a setting and imagine how much time people can save (or waste to watch more stuff!).
(2019-06-04, 19:28)Goo8e Wrote: Make this a setting and imagine how much time people can save (or waste
Reminds me of the argument for full screen vs aspect proportions as the director envisioned it, or the wasted space on a canvas in a painting with a lot of blue sky; sometimes the 'space, dead air, time element in scenes is the point' and speeding past it, misses the point (speed reading for enjoyment anyone?). If you already know the story, no point in reading or watching comes to mind, check out the mini-series Chernobyl or Titanic for that matter, we all know the story.

Anyway most you-tubes drag on at a snails space, so in that it would be nice to have a FF with audio. In this thread there seems to be some success https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305569 otherwise clean up your messy add-on, and get world accolades and applause from anyone that uses it.
(2019-06-13, 20:11)PatK Wrote:
(2019-06-04, 19:28)Goo8e Wrote: Make this a setting and imagine how much time people can save (or waste
Reminds me of the argument for full screen vs aspect proportions as the director envisioned it, or the wasted space on a canvas in a painting with a lot of blue sky; sometimes the 'space, dead air, time element in scenes is the point' and speeding past it, misses the point (speed reading for enjoyment anyone?). If you already know the story, no point in reading or watching comes to mind, check out the mini-series Chernobyl or Titanic for that matter, we all know the story.

Anyway most you-tubes drag on at a snails space, so in that it would be nice to have a FF with audio. In this thread there seems to be some success https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305569 otherwise clean up your messy add-on, and get world accolades and applause from anyone that uses it. 
You have some good points.  I admit, I don't always use increased playback speed for everything, it's mainly for the general everyday TV series and mediocre films and not the specific material that is worth appreciating fully.  I will revisit the add-on and see if it can be improved.
(2019-06-13, 21:33)Goo8e Wrote: I will revisit the add-on and see if it can be improved.
Let us know when we all can clap, truthfully this would be a worthwhile investment of your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Playback Speed0