Duped?
(2019-06-11, 10:51)jackybushell Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 09:40)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 09:28)jackybushell Wrote:
Thank you for all your sarcastic replies.  No help at all. 
You're welcome. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a bunch of people that will refund scammed buyers of so-called Kodi hardware.
You had a misadventure is in a dodgy internet purchase of some electronic device. You weren't the first, you will not be the last.
(2019-06-11, 09:28)jackybushell Wrote: All I was asking was if anyone had come across this issue before.
Not with the company you mentioned. But you didn't think it was strange when some company gave an entirely different website address when it comes to "Refunds and Exchanges"? All we ask is a bit of common sense.  

Okay, please can we start again.  I don't understand what is going on here.  Can I please just explain.

I looked for the latest generation Firestick on Google to see how much they were.  On Amazon they were £49.99 but there was one being advertised for £29.99 and it showed Kodi.tv as the seller.  Obviously a bargain so I ordered it then and there on what I assumed was the Kodi.tv website.  It looked like the Kodi website and because I know Kodi can be downloaded onto a Firestick thought it perfectly feasible that Kodi.tv would be selling a batch of Firesticks at a good price.  I received a receipt by email which I thought was a bit bizarre because it had no company name on it but as I didn't know the Kodi.tv site that well I didn't know what it should look like.  The alarm bells were starting to ring though.

After a week I emailed the email address given on the receipt to ask when I could expect the Firestick and got not reply.  The email address given related to this Clippedco company.  When I didn't get a reply I rang them but a message said my call couldn't be taken.  There's a surprise!  I then looked into this Clippedco company and found it was a hairdressing site but with no address or telephone numbers on it.  The only thing on this site, apart from a contact form, is an email address that comes up as kodi.tv.  Another connection.

I am not asking Kodi.tv to refund my money, I'm not asking anyone how stupid I've been, I've obviously been had but I'm asking if anyone else has had the same experience?  It might be helpful for everyone to know this issue in case it causes anyone any losses?  Is it wrong of me to flag it up?  I'm really confused as to why I've got this reaction?  If I've done something really stupid that has upset everyone then I'm really sorry but I thought forums were to talk, to share, to discuss?

I just wondered if anyone would say that they knew of this scam or "hairdressing" company and what had happened as a result, etc. 
Presumably you can do a charge back for this scam on whatever payment card you used?

If you want a 4K firestick at a bargain basement price wait until Amazon's Prime day next month when I bet you can get one at the price those scammers charged if not cheaper.
(2019-06-11, 11:20)Karellen Wrote: @jackybushell

Thank you for trying to make others aware of your experience and this hairdressing site. I feel terrible that you have ended up in the situation you are in now with this Firestick. We try make people aware of the unscrupulous sellers out there that profiteer off a volunteer organisation. We do this with our posts and blogs on major social media sites, and bans from our sites for various hardware and their installations, and our continual efforts to have these sellers and sites delisted.

I think the sarcasm (if any) stems from the lack of information in your first post. We are sitting here wondering how you could go to clippedco.com and order a firestick... because you gave no details of how and where you did order the Firestick, so it is logical to leap to the conclusion you ordered from there. But it is something I am still a bit confused about, where did you order the firestick from?

You state that you ordered from the Kodi.tv site, or something that looks like the Kodi.tv site, but you have not given the actual site that you ordered from. You just mention a google search. We are the https://kodi.tv/ site, and it certainly is not us, because we do not sell hardware, so you have ordered from another site. We would like to know which site, so we can at least see if we are able take any action against them to prevent other users falling victim.

I have been through every link on that hairdressing site, and I cannot find a single mention of Kodi, nor can I find any email link to Kodi.tv. So while I feel your frustration, and feel terrible you were conned, I just cannot follow your steps to any of these links to see how, where and why you ended up in this situation.

Maybe a copy of the receipt may help? But if it only points to the hairdressing site, then it won't be of any help.
Dear Karellen - Thank you for your reply and I do understand that maybe I had not been clear.  I have actually found some more information. The company was in fact koditv.global so it was not kodi.tv.  I apologise for that mistake but as I said, I wasn't asking for a refund or anything like it, I was asking for advice I suppose, if anyone else knew anything about it, maybe a bit of moral support?  Anyway, if you have a look at the site you'll see how I managed to make the order.  It was only £29.99 so not a massive amount of money to lose although I could do without it.  Someone else might get caught out losing more?
The receipt I received is below.  I also contacted Stripe who confirmed the transaction and the name of the company that the money went to.  Unfortunately only the text can be copied but the only thing missing is a grey banner.  All text on the receipt is here:

Receipt from Clippedco 
Receipt #1353-1425 
Amount paid £29.99 
Date paid May 30, 2019 
Payment method – 2017 

Summary 

Payment to Clippedco £29.99
Amount paid £29.99

If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected] or call at +44 785 318 6841. 

Something wrong with the email? View it in your browser. 

You're receiving this email because you made a purchase at Clippedco, which partners with Stripe to provide invoicing and payments processing. 

I also found this email that I'd missed which told me the site I'd ordered from, again images haven't come out:

Kodi TV
We just received your order. Thank you!
The items you ordered will be dispatched as soon as possible. See you again soon!
Order No. 14009Placed on May 30, 2019
Billing Information
Paid with Stripe
Jacky Bushell

Shipping Information
Free Shipping
Jacky Bushell

Order Summary

Latest Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K UHD with KODI 18.0 Leia (Latest)
Price: £29.99Qty: 1£29.99
Subtotal£29.99
Shipping£0.00
Tax£0.00
Total£29.99
Need Assistance? Talk to us.
We'll do everything we can to make sure you love your experience with us.
This email was sent by Kodi TV
https://www.koditv.global/
Can you request a refund from Stripe?
European Law should give you 2 weeks for RMAs "no questions asked" for purchases via Internet.
(2019-06-12, 09:59)jackybushell Wrote: I also contacted Stripe who confirmed the transaction and the name of the company that the money went to.  Unfortunately only the text can be copied but the only thing missing is a grey banner.  All text on the receipt is here:

If you used a credit card for payment then raise a dispute for a chargeback with your credit card compnay, see http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk/...chases.asp

The chargeback should recover the money to your account, it is then up to the retailer to dispute it see https://stripe.com/docs/disputes

If the credit card company fails to act then tell them you will raise a complaint to the Fnancial Ombundsman see https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/p...ctions.htm

This is all assuming you live in the UK and used a UK credit card.
https://kodi.tv/article/we-do-not-sell-hardware

https://kodi.tv/article/beware-killer-kodi-boxes

https://kodi.tv/article/having-issues-fr...tv-streams

https://kodi.tv/article/selling-pirate-b...ev-journal

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-trademark-t...den-battle
What might be an idea for a news post would be what to do if you are duped/scammed.

At the very least then when someone comes on here again, there at least is content to redirect someone too.

Obviously generic enough to cover all territories though.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
There actually seems to be an increase of these practises lately.
Might be a good idea indeed.

(2019-06-13, 16:24)tjay260476 Wrote: What might be an idea for a news post would be what to do if you are duped/scammed.

At the very least then when someone comes on here again, there at least is content to redirect someone too.

Obviously generic enough to cover all territories though.
Ive been looking at Clippedco.com's site - some things strike me as 'odd'  - the T&C page goes on about 'CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record  that has been opened.' that can only be partially refunded - for hair extensions?! .
Secondly - NOT one social media logo links to anything...! Also thier SEO is shocking too, type in clippedco.com into Google all you get is thier site, AND this thread!

Now if they have used a page builder for thier site - which they could have done - all this could just be oversight... or built by someone that doesn't know what they are doing - a different issue all together!

On the other hand it could also just be a site that was built just to post to people to who have been scammed, especially since tht OP has stated that they are not replying to emails/calls....

Lastly - TLD was created in MAY - just done a quck WHOIS - errr...... hmmm....!!!

If they were cheaper than £150 I would have bought one to see if it got dellivered because I have serious doubts that the site is real!

The hairdressing site looks like it was created just so that there was a 'legit' beusiness for card payments....
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duped?0