MPAA Certification - additional option
I have selected Ember Media manager certification country as USA but some of the movies from UK and other countries are rated as "Not Rated". The same  movie if i select certification country as UK  add UK certification under MPAA. Is there any option available for Ember to first check for US mpaa certification and if the movie is not rated, look for the country specific certification and add it under MPAA. I have selected "Use certification for MPAA if no MPAA present".

If the movie is from UK.. use UK certification
<mpaa>UK:15</mpaa>
if movie is from France
 <mpaa>France:Tous publics</mpaa>
If the movie is from Germany
<mpaa>Germany:12</mpaa>

This way movies not rated in USA can still have mpaa country specific rating. 

Thanks for Ember media manager. 

Enigma
you would be best resetting <mpaa>UK:15</mpaa> to PG-13 or NC-17 as there is only Rated G Rated PG Rated PG-13 Rated NR Rated R
https://au.ign.com/wikis/content-ratings/MPAA

but if the theme displays <mpaa> by the matching image file you might be able to add the image
(2019-06-05, 22:44)enigmaa Wrote: Is there any option available for Ember to first check for US mpaa certification and if the movie is not rated, look for the country specific certification and add it under MPAA.
No.
And IMO that isn't a good solution. I mean german don't have a problem with naked bodies, alkohol and drugs, but they have a problem with violence. Americans don't have a problem with violence, but with sex scenes, alkohol and drugs. A German rating can not be easily interpreted by an American based on the age.
(2019-06-06, 09:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-06-05, 22:44)enigmaa Wrote: Is there any option available for Ember to first check for US mpaa certification and if the movie is not rated, look for the country specific certification and add it under MPAA.
No.
And IMO that isn't a good solution. I mean german don't have a problem with naked bodies, alkohol and drugs, but they have a problem with violence. Americans don't have a problem with violence, but with sex scenes, alkohol and drugs. A German rating can not be easily interpreted by an American based on the age. 

Thanks Dan. I use PINSENTRY in kodi to restrict Rated R and above movies. Similarly PINSENTRY has country specific certification restriction. if i manage to get mpaa with not rated movies replaced with country certification, PINSENRY will be able to act as a proper parental tool. Anyway please consider this as a feature request.
Please add a feature request on our tracker: Link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPAA Certification - additional option0