Can Kodi do it all for me?
I'm a new Kodi user in the USA.  I've happily set up a Kodi box running CoreELEC to serve up my media stored on the network.  Really happy with it, just an excellent system to handle stuff on the home theater I've stored on my network drive.

I realize I've only scratched the surface of what Kodi can do.  I'm wondering if it can do it all for me.  I know on CoreELEC I can use TVHeadned with a USB tuner to record shows broadcast over the air which can cover some of my needs, but that doesn't cover all of them.  I need stations like AMC, Science Channel, and Investigation Discovery.

I'm kind of stumped on how I can record cable network shows from something above board like a paid IPTV service.  In other words I'd like to record a show broadcast on a channel like Investigation Discovery to watch at a later date.  Is that something Kodi with addons can do?   Or am I still saddled with my cable company's expensive and underwhelming DVR service.
TVHeadEnd can also be set up with IPTV services, and will aggregate them all in one (including recording).

Also there are a couple of IPTV addons for Kodi which may assist - IPTV recorder for example.

Depending on how your IPTV service is provided, they may or may not be compatible but it's perhaps worth a look to see if either are compatible.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
https://kodi.tv/addons is a good place to start what Kodi can do.  I'm wondering if it can do it all for me.
just be aware that some unofficial kodi addons sites may not be above board

https://kodi.tv/addons/browse?keyword=&c...=title+ASC
am I still saddled with my cable company's expensive and underwhelming DVR service. you may be able to drop to a lower plan
Official Homepage for Investigation Discovery. Watch Full Episodes FREE with your TV subscription

https://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoveryID can be played with youtube plug in
youtube have a good list but is it above board ?
Thanks for the posts and info.

Yeah I want to be careful to avoid stuff that's not legit.  Don't want to venture outside the official Kodi repositories unless it's a trusted source.

That would be ideal if TVHeadend can handle an IPTV provider that carries the stations I want.  Haven't been able to find a lot of info on that.

PS, had to do a bunch of edits on this post, shouldn't reply before I've had my morning coffee.
This thread on the TVH forum, and some of the links contained in it, may be worth a read. Many of the people involved there have accounts and are active here too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the link.  I'll keep that handy when I get into setting up TVH.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi do it all for me?0